FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"As of April 2, 2008, all 50 states have either applied for extensions of the original May 11, 2008 compliance deadline or received unsolicited extensions, meaning that the REAL ID Act will not become an issue at federal facilities and airports until December 31, 2009.[1]"

Remember this bill? Do you think it will evolve into a monster?
"The Act is a rider to an act of the United States Congress titled Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act

I went searching for info on this bill because I saw another thread here this morning that was touching on illegal aliens. My first thoughts on the illegal alien issue is that the borders need to be sealed and companies need to be severly penalized for hiring them, and police and hospitals should never be told they cannot request proper ID to prove who they are, and when found they need to be sent home. And I want to see an end to the anchor baby rule. Immigration is fine, illegals are not. That's just how I feel.

There was a movie a couple of years ago about all the illegals in cali disappearing and everything fell apart. It pissed me off. To say that the US can't survive without illegals is laughable to me. If it is true... then we have even bigger problems.

Anyway, I also remember the Nazi's. "Papiere, Bitte." And I don't want to see the US (Homeland Security) go down that road just to find illegals and terrorists. Things like National ID cards, chips under the skin, location trackers in cars and phones, and cameras everywhere... The old saying by Uncle Ben comes to mind... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

So what do we do? My vote has to be to stay as far away from "Papiere, Bitte." as possible. If you are caught commiting a crime, you need to be ID'd. If you are entering a contract, such as opening a bank or credit card account, or going to a hospital, you need to be ID's. When a baby is born, the parents need to be ID'd. But making me get a chip or giving up my privacy is not acceptable. I hope this bill (act) does not morph into a dragon.

"What I ran away from so desperately in 1938 is coming back full circle. Only the jack-boots have not yet arrived."
http://www.lookingglassnews.org/printerfriendly.php?storyid=674

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Or how about the illegal women who come to the U.S., have their child here who is now a U.S. citizen, and can't be deported because their child is an American by birth.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Or how about the illegal women who come to the U.S., have their child here who is now a U.S. citizen, and can't be deported because their child is an American by birth.

This is one of the biggest crimes cuz these numbers aren't counted.

I have a question for anyone that think's birth location is an issue. A pregnant French lady, flying on British airline in route to the US delivers her baby over the atlantic. What nationality is the baby? Atlantian!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ah yes, they would like to know a little bit about you for there file..... They'd like to help you learn to help yourself... Just like a "Big Brother"..... :?

·
Administrator
11,358 Posts
AFAIK only the US has the born here and you are an American citizen automatically.

Loophole that need to be closed.

And while we are at it, this wet feet dry feet needs to go away also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts