FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-D not one of your pretty boy, sissyfied 1911's! :-D :-D

Anyway, I picked this up from my grandfather today, was my great uncles from the Army back in 1944. It's an all original, numbers matching, good shape (especially for a 65 year old gun!), COLT 1911. It's never going to be shot again, but it's still a cool and well maintained piece of history!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Keep it in your family. You should have a the people who owned it sign it and keep a lineage chart of it. That would be really cool for the inheritor to have in 200 years!

·
Registered
212 Posts
You should shoot it... at least a little, once in a while - its not NIB. Maybe a mag full on VE day (or VJ day if Gramps was in the Pacific theatre), or on Gramps birthday, etc.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I would shoot it occasionally too -and tell myself that no harm will come and that stretching the springs and the subsequent cleaning is just good maintenance.

But then again maybe this pistol is like a warriors katana, and having a warriors soul it doesn't like to be drawn if there is no blood in the deal.

hmm

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
What a great piece of history and family legacy. Keep that thing well oiled. Someday when it's a bit older you can bring it on antiques roadshow.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Why won't you shoot it? I have a circa 1923 commercial model I take out every few months.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't shoot it and I don't shoot my Commercial either, not my pristine preban AK47 Legend.
BAD KARMA. Safe Queen. Cleab her once a year and keep the dehumid going 24/7.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Becouse he doesnt want to. Maybe becouse it was last shot at a glorious moment and wants it kept that way.

If i had a weapon with sentimental value like that one, Id keep it extremely well maintained and sealed in a special capsule.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts