FN Herstal Firearms banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are now available, and allocated to certain distributors at a set number. The MSRP that FN states is still 100% correct at $2,696.56, and EXPECT TO PAY THIS, or more when they are on shelves.

They come in FDE with 16" barrels, and either a 10 or 30 round mag.

If you want one, GO ORDER IT NOW! There will not be a large run as of now, and dealers are ordering for themselves to sell on GB and the like! !

Also, the SCAR-H has not been released in any way, no pricing, and no order information.

·
Registered
414 Posts
For those prices they can keep it. :-D

I'd buy one as high as $1600. Even then it'd be pushing it for a rifle that does things marginally better than a standard AR15, just with a gas piston setup.

I was thinking of getting the SCAR-H but if they price it even more than the SCAR-L, I'll just stick to a FAL. :-D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Yeah, I think I'll wait until the price goes down. If it doesn't, I probably won't get on either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I have a FN PARA I got around 20 yrs ago and I have close to $2100 in it. I am looking at getting a SCAR H if they get them out before a ban comes down. I trust FN produces as I have never had a prob with my PARA or my SPR.

Everyone is choking on the price but I was honestly figured it was going to be around the $2500.00 price mark from the beginning. Everyone has just gotten spoiled on cheap AR prices. If the AR is so great then why were all these people looking at the SCAR in the first place.

I'm not made of money and I just drive a concrete mixer but when it comes to my firearms I want the best I can get and I know I am getting it with a FN. If I can't get one because of a ban then I'll tweak on my PARA somemore or get another from somewhere.

JMO.

CAMO

·
Registered
35 Posts
TDB7117 said:
Let me know when you find a real FN FAL Para for less than $2,700. :?
DSArms SA58 Para ($1910) is not an acceptable alternative? http://www.dsarms.com/SA58-FAL-Carbine-PARA-Rifle-308-Cal/productinfo/SA58CP16/

We have three DSAs and a "real" 50.63, sans chrome-lined bore, all are comparable. The 50.63 is a safe queen, the SA58 Paras are "working guns". But considering cost over benefit, does the Mk 17S offer that much of an improvement in design over the FAL (SA58) Para design?

Another thing to add to the cost of the Mk 17S are the proprietary magazines, how much are those going to cost each?

Don't get me wrong, I joined this board in anticipation of the SCAR-H (Mk 17S) release, I'm Just playing devil's advocate here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It would not surprize me in the least if Mags for the H don't run $25-$35 range. If we're lucky they'll be like those on the demo at the NRA convention and someone will start converting FAL mags to work in them.(i.e.- From what i saw they were FAL mags that had a hole punched in the side for the mag release and differant feed lips.)

CAMO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
FN-GLOCK said:
DSArms SA58 Para ($1910) is not an acceptable alternative? http://www.dsarms.com/SA58-FAL-Carbine-PARA-Rifle-308-Cal/productinfo/SA58CP16/

We have three DSAs and a "real" 50.63, sans chrome-lined bore, all are comparable. The 50.63 is a safe queen, the SA58 Paras are "working guns". But considering cost over benefit, does the Mk 17S offer that much of an improvement in design over the FAL (SA58) Para design?
I have two SA58s as well. They are a great copy, but will never hold the same value as a true FN-FAL.

Also if you equip an SA58 with similar features as the SCAR the price will be comparable. (i.e. - rail fore grip, dust cover/scope mount, trigger job etc..)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a DSA/Steyr 17.5" Barreled STG58 and have a trigger job, DSA upper rail setup and will probably get the full rail handguards also, and the rifle has not had anyfeeding issues, shoots sub 2MOA and is clean as heck.

Ohh. With the trigger job, rail, it's still under $1300 for me. Somehow I just don't see the SCAR-H costing twice that outdoing this rifle in any way shape or form.

Guess we'll have to see if the SCAR-H will be the next coming of christ.

:-D

·
Registered
256 Posts
itstock said:
They are now available, and allocated to certain distributors at a set number. The MSRP that FN states is still 100% correct at $2,696.56, and EXPECT TO PAY THIS. Your dealer does not have much wiggle room!
The price sounds reasonable when you consider a comparable DI AR-15 from Noveske is $2,000, and a Colt LE6930 is close to $1400.
What dealer did you order from?
Where is the MSRP of $2695 listed by FN?
itstock said:
I guess that I am one of the first to actually order one, and it will be here LATE December, or early January.
Who gave you the information for the delivery time frame?
itstock said:
If you want one, GO ORDER IT NOW! There will not be a large run as of now!
Do you have a dealer that is taking orders and has the allocation to fill those orders?

Thanks in advance,
Cameron

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cameron said:
itstock said:
They are now available, and allocated to certain distributors at a set number. The MSRP that FN states is still 100% correct at $2,696.56, and EXPECT TO PAY THIS. Your dealer does not have much wiggle room!
The price sounds reasonable when you consider a comparable DI AR-15 from Noveske is $2,000, and a Colt LE6930 is close to $1400.
What dealer did you order from?
Where is the MSRP of $2695 listed by FN?
itstock said:
I guess that I am one of the first to actually order one, and it will be here LATE December, or early January.
Who gave you the information for the delivery time frame?
itstock said:
If you want one, GO ORDER IT NOW! There will not be a large run as of now!
Do you have a dealer that is taking orders and has the allocation to fill those orders?

Thanks in advance,
Cameron
The MSRP is directly from FN.

I'm hesitant on listing my dealer do to the amount of allocations being unknown. Call me greedy, but I might want to pick up a second one, and I have a couple friends that also have interest.

The delivery time frame is from RSR, one of the major small arms distributors.

I also agree that the price is not too far out of line. I paid around $2100 for my FN FS2000, so what's a couple hundred more?

·
Registered
414 Posts
wlcohen said:
Hey, look how over priced the FS2000 & PS90 are.
Only for people that pay it.

I've bought two PS90,s for under $1400 NIB, one the week they became available with the ring sight and a tri-rail earlier this year.

Also FS2000's have bee non sale for under $1800 all year , you just have to look. Even STG-556 US Made Aug's are under $1800 now.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.