FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's amusing, to me at least, how random encounters/pathways lead to things that can be pretty cool. So it began while perusing online "the gun wire" blog (The Gun Wire® Blog ? The Last 24 Hours of Firearm and Gun News Headlines, Updated All Day Long) this morning...

I came across a link to the WeaponsMan blog article (http://weaponsman.com/?p=15795) "USMC Door Gun, Afghanistan" article (really excellent!)...

that included a link "Sole-sourced from FNH USA" (FNH USA - Distinct Advantage :: FN M3M? (GAU-21)), the M3M, or GAU-21/A". So I'm thinking "I'm in love" to which the lyrics/music of Grand Funk Railroad / Mark Farner clearly rang in my brain...

which compelled me to search YouTube to hear the real deal (see link/video below) which subsequently led me to the visual (Check out his shirt!).

Do I need to seek therapy? It's crazy, at this exact moment a few F18s just flew overhead.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
That is quite a story filled full of good reads and good music! Nicely done-I love getting lost in cyberspace sometimes too!!!

BBG-

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All topped off with the sweetest sound of freedom... the F18's flying overhead. Growing up on Air Forces bases stateside and in Europe will forever rattle my U.S. pride. This Memorial Day takes me back to visits to Normandy, Luxembourg, Dachau and the many visits to Gettysburg, Arlington, etc. God Bless our fallen who have shaped our Nation... https://tacticaltshirts.com/shop/shirt-two-defining-forces-jesus-amercian-soldier/

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Loved Grand Funk back in high school. Mentioning the F18s reminds me of when I was home ported at N.A.S. Whidbey Island and and rented a place off base next to the strip where they practiced touch and go landings. Loved the billboard they had that said "Pardon our noise it's the sound of freedom".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts