FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really dying to get a Springfield MC Operator. I've got the 1911 bug again - but just for this model.

I'm trying to figure out how to raise the fundage necessary. I don't really think I want to sell my Five Seven. But I really don't shoot the gun much.

I have 6 mags for it, though, so I'm a little hesitant to sell. But not sure how to get the $ otherwise...

Ugg :cry:

·
Banned
114 Posts
I have the Springfield Operator TRP. http://www.gunshopfinder.com/springfield/PC9105L.jpg
It was the last year they made the full length rail on the operator but was only available on the TRP. Unfortunately it has a bull barrel which is a pain to take apart so I don't shoot it as much as I'd like. I tried taking a picture of mine to post but my good camera is out to lunch and my bad one is well.. just bad.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually prefer bull barrells. I had a Springfield with a comp on the end of the gun (looked like the Nash Bridges gun) for many years. I preferred that disassemly actually.

I had a TRP that I bought 2-3 years ago - and Tripp Research screwed up the refinishing. I gave them a chance to fix it, and it came back just as bad. I was so pissed that I sold the gun. Last 1911 I've had.

I like the color of the MC Operator with the pachmeyer grips. They were around $900-$908 two to three years ago. My shop has 1 for $1080 now. Wow!

·
Banned
151 Posts
Well the only Springfield I got is a P9 long slide ported and I havent have any of their 1911s but I got a couple friends that love them. But dont get rid of your 5/7. I dont shoot mine alot either but thats one to hold onto for awhile.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Yeah, don't sell you 5.7 yet, wait until the democrats ban the 5.7 like they tried to do in the past. That way you can sell it for a lot more money and buy an MC Operator with custom work done to it or with kick ass accessories or maybe both!!!!!!! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Yeah, don't sell you 5.7 yet, wait until the democrats ban the 5.7 like they tried to do in the past. That way you can sell it for a lot more money and buy an MC Operator with custom work done to it or with kick ass accessories or maybe both!!!!!!! :twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts