FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, because of some quirks in MD law, I have not received my magazine. I had it sent to my father in a different state. Then he will send it up to me.

My initial impression is that is is very easy to field strip. I am curious about the use of the sight. I know it has taken lots of hits on the forums, but I want to give it a try before deciding on my opinion.

Has anyone hunted anything with their PS90? I am curious about how a rabbit or squirrel would fare. Would the 57 round have a chance of dropping a deer?

Finally, anyone in the Baltimore area with some land up for doing some plinking?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
roundel said:
Unfortunately, because of some quirks in MD law, I have not received my magazine. I had it sent to my father in a different state. Then he will send it up to me.

My initial impression is that is is very easy to field strip. I am curious about the use of the sight. I know it has taken lots of hits on the forums, but I want to give it a try before deciding on my opinion.

Has anyone hunted anything with their PS90? I am curious about how a rabbit or squirrel would fare. Would the 57 round have a chance of dropping a deer?

Finally, anyone in the Baltimore area with some land up for doing some plinking?
Welcome to the forum.

Deer hunting is illegal with this ammo - I doubt it would drop a deer.

Rabbits and squirrels - you're going to have a tough time compensating for the 4" bore-sight issue at short distances - unless you peg the critter at a distance that your weapon is sighted at.

PS90 is not a varmint gun by any means - it is meant for CQB where repeat center of mass hits are the prescription.

Cheers,

-TH

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply

The PS90 is certainly designed for CQB as you have stated, but as a regular old citizen, I am looking for better ways to enjoy this unusual gun. I guess the best way to enjoy a PS90 is to walk a training course where the enemy and the innocent sillouettes pop up. I am not aware of any facilities like this near Baltimore.

Are there any other members with ideas of sports to enjoy a PS90 besides going to the range to shred paper on a string?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure looks like it worked as a hunting tool

Thanks for the pics.

I got a chance to shoot mine this weekend. I was impressed with how tight my grouping was. Even rather rapid firing resulted in a grouping about the size of a grapefruit at 50 yards.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Re: Sure looks like it worked as a hunting tool

roundel said:
Thanks for the pics.

I got a chance to shoot mine this weekend. I was impressed with how tight my grouping was. Even rather rapid firing resulted in a grouping about the size of a grapefruit at 50 yards.
Not bad. U were using the stock sight?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, totally stock

I am interested in the aftermarket goodies like the lazer or sights, but I am concentrating more on where to shoot the thing in my over urban liberal state. The indoor range in my 'hood won't allow this weapon because the bullets are too fast. They claim I will puncture their back stop.

From my limited experience, I think the next step for me is to get the OEM set up sighted in nicely. From there I can decide if I want to add any more toys.

There was a racoon upsetting my trash cans a while ago. I sure wish I saw him :twisted:

I am still hoping some other Baltimoron will see my posts and offer up a good farm area for me to visit...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
My indoor range WILL let me shoot it - but it is only a 15 yard range. I've gone there 1x with it, but doubt I will again. Its kinda boring to shoot that close, I think. Its more fun at 25 and 50 yards :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts