FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to several large gunshows in Houston throughout last year, and also last week. 1 of them, the Reliant Gun Show, is billed as the largest in Texas.

Anyway - out of all those times I have gone... There are a few guns it seems that no one carries...

One is the FNP - I have seen 1 FNP - that's it. And, the guy was charging around $650 for the damn thing.

Also rarely see that many Para Ordinance 1911s. And, ya just never see S&W 1911s... Everyone once in a while, you'll see a base model stainless S&W 1911. But, none of those nice variations ya see in the S&W catalog...

Oh well....

·
Registered
636 Posts
Good question Ship Let me start with the S&W 1911 these are mostly hard core S&W guys that have these exceptional handguns and comp shooters sponsored by S&W IMO these are just for the most Elite shooters ;) (I wish I had one :oops: )

Now as for the FNP well they just are not well known like S&W/Colt/Glock etc. So they are not kept in stock like the others...You know the Noobs that are going to buy a gun arnt going to buy one they will have to wait for.......They are going to buy one thats in the display case..Plus I dont think FN gives the dealers discounts like other companys......

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I don't think that Smith & Wesson intended to sell many 1911, cause the only ones I've seen start at $1,000. I saw that they even made a pimped out version for $10,000.

As for FN, I think it depends on where you live. I see alot of them here in NC.

As for Para Ordance, I often wonder if the AWB did them in.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
devildoc said:
I don't think that Smith & Wesson intended to sell many 1911, cause the only ones I've seen start at $1,000. I saw that they even made a pimped out version for $10,000.

As for FN, I think it depends on where you live. I see alot of them here in NC.

As for Para Ordance, I often wonder if the AWB did them in.
No, Para is still around. And, the base stainless 1911 from S&W is $650 if ya know where to look

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, they are.

I'd like to see the black base version of the S&W 1911 - the same as their base stainless, but covered in melonite. NO one every has these... It should be about the same price - so it's not like it is a super expensive gun.

·
Registered
636 Posts
My Uncle has a S&W 1911 and its been worked man is that a sweet gun :?

·
Registered
262 Posts
The gun I am also looking for is the Kimber Pro BP Ten - polymer high cap 1911 style. I can find any at shows or at shops and can't seem to find anyone who has one that can give me a review. I like the idea of a high cap, commander style 45. If anyone has one, I would love to know what you think of it.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've held a few polymer 1911s over the years - not really a fan of the feel. I love polymer guns - as about everything I currently own is polymer. But polymer 1911s just don't feel right.

It's UNNATURAL :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AGG said:
Gun shows are getting way out of hand!!! :roll:
The days of the good deals are over.

Tony
Not here in Texas. Gun show prices for MANY items (not all, but many) beat out online prices here. I mean, I paid $399 for my 40 cal PX4. I also saw a Beretta 92FS for $387 new a week ago too. Damn good prices.

Now, I have to hit the Houston shows for that. My local show is a joke, and the last time I went, I left in under 2 minutes after making 1 round...

So, I guess it depends on where ya live at.

This is Texas - the land of guns :shock:

·
Registered
857 Posts
ShipWreck said:
... I paid $399 for my 40 cal PX4. I also saw a Beretta 92FS for $387 new a week ago too. Damn good prices.
Gun shows suck here in MD - actually gunstores suck here also
Prices are through the roof.

You can't find a Px4 for <$600 - I just picked up a police special 92FS w/3 mags - for $500 - You will never find them cheaper than that here,
regular ones are over $600 also.

& and the F'n things are made right here in MD - go figure. :twisted:

But we do have a lot of FN hand guns for sale here
I just think nobody wants them

·
Registered
262 Posts
wlcohen said:
ShipWreck said:
... I paid $399 for my 40 cal PX4. I also saw a Beretta 92FS for $387 new a week ago too. Damn good prices.
Gun shows suck here in MD - actually gunstores suck here also
Prices are through the roof.

You can't find a Px4 for <$600 - I just picked up a police special 92FS w/3 mags - for $500 - You will never find them cheaper than that here,
regular ones are over $600 also.

& and the F'n things are made right here in MD - go figure. :twisted:

But we do have a lot of FN hand guns for sale here
I just think nobody wants them
Amen - I grew up in Mt Airy and hit the Frederick and Howard Co shows once in a while. All I ever see are beef jerky sales and Nazi memorabilia.
:roll:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I'll probably only buy from gunshows from now on. My local shop put just about everyone out of business with cheap prices, and now they are a bit higher.

It isn't that bad... But, my PX4 would have been $520 at my local shop - I saved $120, plus the tax on that $120.00

1 - 14 of 14 Posts