FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 17s and have had it out at the range a couple times and have put about 100-120 rounds through it. I noticed when cleaning that there is a blemish on the front site. It appears to be soot like and i noticed there is a bit on top of the gas block as well which it looks like it might be coming from. When i took the piston out i did notice a similar brown inside the gas regulator and block which seemed to come out easily enough with a dry wipe and a bit of brushing with a bronze brush. I have the gas regulator set to the 12 o'clock position as per the manual. My question is is this normal, something that will clear with a bit of breaking in, or something I should possibly be concerned about?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I figured it was carbon but never had it a light brown like that before so did not want to assume anything.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It is good you have purchased this rifle. You have chosen wisely and will surely go to heaven.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase! Don't be concerned about asking questions, If your not sure about something there is a lot of great advise that is coming from experience here!
Thank you hopefully I can keep myself from sounding too stupid here!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Thank you hopefully I can keep myself from sounding too stupid here!
Everyone starts somewhere and the only stupid would be coming from the people who don't remember they were at the starting line at one point in their past... or those with little peckers trying to compensate.

I would welcome you but I haven't been around long enough for it to mean anything lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts