FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I'm up late and when I'm tired I ask a lot of questions.

Does anyone know if there are rechargeable batteries available for the factory laser (the kind installed by Promoted Pawn)? If so, whereabouts might one find them? I gots me an idea a brewin'...

For reference, I believe they take Lithium SAFT LSH 14 normally (I think I read that right). I'm not sure if these are the same size as some other brand/type.

Thanks for humoring me, fellas! You all are a right nice bunch o' PS-90 fans! :?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Huh. I always thought it took the std CR123 battery (goes and checks gunsafe...) Yep, std CR123. However, when using rechargeable CR123's (aka RCR123's) you need to be careful as many don't have a voltage regulator built into the battery w/peak voltages starting from 3.7-4.2v instead of the 3.0-3.3v of the std non-rechargeable CR123. This much higher voltage can cause damage. However, regulated (or "protected") RCR123's are a bit longer than std CR123's due to this voltage regulator built into the cap and may not fit all applications (it should do fine for the P90 internal laser as the battery compartment length isn't fixed due to the threaded compartment cap).
I'm currently experimenting with the combo AC/solar charger for the Steripen and the Tenergy 3.0v lithium-ion RCR123's: http://www.batteryjunction.com/hyphstsoch.html and while I haven't been using them long enough to recommend or condemn them yet they are recommended for LED lights but not incandescents. Since the P90 internal laser is solid state (like an LED) they should work fine. If I run into any problems I will post here ASAP. HTH...
Tomac

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
while I haven't been using them long enough to recommend or condemn them yet they are recommended for LED lights but not incandescents. Since the P90 internal laser is solid state (like an LED) they should work fine. If I run into any problems I will post here ASAP. HTH...
Tomac
i've been using rechargable cr123's for my side mounted laser for about a month now without an issue. i doubt it would cause any problem with an internally mounted one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See, that's what I get for posting late at night. Haha. The 123A battery is what my Surefire G2 uses, so that's not all bad, I guess. At least I wouldn't be using three different batteries for my PS-90 attachments, just the two (which I can handle).

I wonder if the rechargeable versions of these batteries will fit the internal laser compartment (the kind installed by Promoted Pawn) and still remain waterproof?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts