FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to chop my AK by 2" and permanently attaching the muzzle brake, similar to the setup on Krebs AKs.

You guys have any recommendation on a reliable smith I can send the AK to for this type of work?

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use the firing line in Oklahoma, always excellent service, top notch craftsmanship

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: CPTdaz

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Reactions: CPTdaz

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Wow!!!!!! Those guys are REALLY proud of their builds. The good part is that if you want one you will have plenty of time to save up before you can buy one from them.
Once you build up a reputation...it's gonna cost extra. These guys have built up an enviable reputation of turning out sweet AKs.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I would like to chop my AK by 2" and permanently attaching the muzzle brake, similar to the setup on Krebs AKs.

You guys have any recommendation on a reliable smith I can send the AK to for this type of work?

Thanks
Mark Graham, aka Gunplumber, of Arizona Response Systems outside of Phoenix.

Arizona Response Systems, LLC. Home Page. Products & Services for the Armed Professional.

I got a sweet ass Congo FAL built by him back in early 2000s, and he also worked on my SIG Sauer P220 with a new coating and sweet trigger tune.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Once you build up a reputation...it's gonna cost extra. These guys have built up an enviable reputation of turning out sweet AKs.
I believe you. However the first and most important rule of capitalism is NEVER make people wait to give you money. No matter how great you product or service is you WILL lose customers. I'm a perfect example of that. I would buy an AK or have one built from them right now however I'm not going to wait that long for them to take my money. It's the principle of it. Now some of these "one of a kind builders" of course will say they don't care but that's BS. The one and only thing everyone from EBT card abusers to billionaires care about is money. Anyway the AK's do look bad a$$.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow!!!!!! Those guys are REALLY proud of their builds. The good part is that if you want one you will have plenty of time to save up before you can buy one from them.
Yeah, $750 is a bit much for what I'm looking to do. I would just get a Kreb AK for that kind of money.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I believe you. However the first and most important rule of capitalism is NEVER make people wait to give you money. No matter how great you product or service is you WILL lose customers. I'm a perfect example of that. I would buy an AK or have one built from them right now however I'm not going to wait that long for them to take my money. It's the principle of it. Now some of these "one of a kind builders" of course will say they don't care but that's BS. The one and only thing everyone from EBT card abusers to billionaires care about is money. Anyway the AK's do look bad a$$.
Spot on! Hire more employee's. Even if as the owner you do the math and when all is said and done you would break even. It's stupid to not hire that employee to increase output and reduce wait times. I can't tell you how many times I've passed over purchasing a service or product because wait time was to long. Figuring I'll wait until later and then completely forget or choose a different product. This is America and americans love instant gratification.(In a good way). An example recently was walking in to my LGS and wanting to check out two new pistols. The HK VP9 and Sig P320. Since I live in a state that has no wait times I just need my CCW permit and fill out a 4773 form to walk out the door with gun in hand I said screw it and bought them both. Now if I had to wait a couple of days or whatever I wouldn't have made that spontaneous second purchase. I also probably wouldn't have had to sneak the guns in to the house for fear of the wife finding out.

Reactions: Patton250

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The other rule of capitalism is to stay in demand. You stay in demand by not sacrificing quality, and if you make your margins & profits then that's all the good. A successful business doesn't always need to expand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts