FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just an FYI, PMM recently removed the scar barrel cut/thread services from their website. I reached out to them via email, and they confirmed that they no longer offer this service.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Who would any of you recommend to repair threads on a SCAR 17s barrel? I am actually thinking of just having it cut down to 14.5-15” and pin/weld the FH on as well.

To make a long story short, I use a Surefire FH and SOCOM 762 can. I had a very prominent smith install it. It is no longer concentric..
I had that ring on there and PMM installed it. It is no longer concentric with use.
@themao
Could you please clarify these statements so that everyone is on the same page.
Are you saying that your barrel was fine BEFORE, PMM did the install of the Surefire FH on your SCAR 17 barrel?
Also, if the above statement is true; Did you reach back out to PMM and let them know that your barrel now has a problem after they worked on it?
Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just an FYI, PMM recently removed the scar barrel cut/thread services from their website. I reached out to them via email, and they confirmed that they no longer offer this service.
@Lester127
Do you have any idea why PMM recently removed the scar barrel cut/thread services from their website?
i'm really curious about this especially with what the OP is saying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Lester127
Do you have any idea why PMM recently removed the scar barrel cut/thread services from their website?
i'm really curious about this especially with what the OP is saying.
I have no idea, I didn't ask. I'll email them back and try to find out whether or not they're done offering the service permanently. The fact that it was removed from their website makes me think they're done offering it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
According to the response I received today from PMM it appears their barrel services have only been removed temporarily.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts