FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm new to the forum just bought my first FN product a SCAR 16s, and am looking for advice on some aftermarket parts and accessories to add to the rifle. Is there a better stock, or is one of the ar conversion stocks a better choice? Which rail extension seems to work best for everyone? Will AR height optics still get a good cheek weld? Any recommendations for parts
like a charging handle, or a different grip (I love the feel of my ergo and Magpul k grip on my AR's). Any thoughts would certainly be helpful. Also this will serve as my primary service rifle, I work for a local sheriff's office, so any thoughts about function in a work enviroment as such would be benificial too.

THANKS
:?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You can change out the trigger group. I and a lot others have the Geissele trigger in my SCAR. Also have a VLTOR stock on mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EACH Charging Handle from Sarge.
PMed Sgt Stryker about getting one, I like the design and would be more than willing to give it a shot

You can change out the trigger group. I and a lot others have the Geissele trigger in my SCAR. Also have a VLTOR stock on mine.
I won't be able to change the trigger group as it will be my service rifle and that would go against our agency policy :sad: but I am interested in the VLTOR Stock and handguard. How do you like the stock and is it easy to get a cheek weld with AR optics?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Customize it to your needs

I have each on my 17 and by next week my fde each should be in for 16

Do you have long arms? Might want rail extension. I have it on my 17 but I'm not putting one on 16

Geisselle or shooting sight 2 stage trigger

If you use a one point sling ggg rear qd is good and if use two point ggg has a front rail extension (you won't need it if decide on mi rail extension)

Tac light I use inforce

For grip on my 17 I modded my stock to install magpul miad but for 16 just ordered the ergo going to try it out before bothering with modding

If you get pmags they might need to be modded

And the list goes on and on take your time and search the forum everything is here

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am interested in the VLTOR Stock and handguard. How do you like the stock and is it easy to get a cheek weld with AR optics?
Adjustable cheekpiece still the same with the VLTOR Stock. I like the easy access storage compartment. Different pistolgrip that fits your hand better (also extra storage). I also like the PWS SRX rail extension. Some more room for a bipod and/or vertical grip plus the addition of a light below the level of the top rail (won't interfere with top rail optics and can still execute barrel change out).

Reactions: rifleman2515

·
Registered
793 Posts
Something to add, I love the qd attachment points on the pws extension and the vltor stock giving me places to attach my qd padded vcas sling.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I too am in the process of outfitting my new 16s. The first thing I purchased was extra mags followed by the Geissele trigger. I plan on getting the TangoDown Stubby and a Vikers Padded Sling.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Aimpoint pro or eotech exps optic. Surefire mini scout light in a larue mount. Tango down or Troy stubby vfg.
Sling of your choice and liking. This based on your statement it will be your service rifle.
I will add this. Being it's going to be your Leo service rifle, you seriously may want to think about dumping the pws muzzle break for something a little less obnoxiously loud. Any 5.56 is loud without hearing protection, but the pws is on a whole other level. I've touched off one round once without HP on with the pws. It was outside open desert. I had tinnitus for some time afterwards and probably did some permanent damage to my hearing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts