FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my PS90 out to the range today after replacing the stock sight with a cheesy red dot. Once I did that, I was able to actually group the gun pretty well.

The red dot sight I have on the gun now is a cheap chinese sight that a customer gave me years ago. I've hung on to it for absolutely no reason. Well, after today, I think I want a better quality red dot scope. I'm partial to the EoTech scopes but the lens sits to high for my preference. Can anyone recommend a good quality red dot sight that has a low profile to the 1913 rail? I'd like something that has a decent FOV, no or minor magnification and compact.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
See, I like my EOtech - and i've gotten 1/2" groups or better at 50 yards.

Some people here use an Aimpoint or Trijicon, and there is a special mount (besides the add on rail that you currently have. I believe there are some threads on it in the PS90 Modification and/or Product Review subforums.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've experimented w/numerous optics on my PS90's and finally settled on the Aimpoint ML3 in the TROSUSA ultralow Aimpoint mount. Sits very low and is more rugged than the optics rails. The TROS mount costs $100 but should accept other less-expensive optics that are dimensionally similar to the Aimpoint and will fit the ARMS M-68 mount (perhaps the Burris XTS-135 or SPOT Mk.III?).
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
SWEET!I like that one Tomac!
Mike
Thx! I always found the factory ringsight to sit just a tad low for comfort but this setup is perfect for me. If you don't want to spring for the cost of the ML3 w/50K hrs of battery life then the CompC3 w/50K hrs of battery life or the ML2 w/10K hrs of battery life are options as well (and can often be found used in excellent condition for $100's less). HTH & keep us posted!...
Tomac

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Man, I'm liking that Tros mount. I just happen to have a ML2 that recently came my way and I really like how low that sits on the receiver.
How long did it take to get it in once you ordered it, if I may ask?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Man, I'm liking that Tros mount. I just happen to have a ML2 that recently came my way and I really like how low that sits on the receiver.
How long did it take to get it in once you ordered it, if I may ask?
Only took a few days, they ship via Priority Mail. Drop Mark an email at [email protected] for current availability & ordering info.
Tomac

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Tomahawk said:
Have you looked at the revamped Trijicon Reflex?
http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=636

I want a couple of these puppies! :?
I saw this in an NRA magazine ad recently and reseahced it. If U look around, U can find some good prices. I like the way it looks too. But, I don't like the 6 MOA dot.

I'm pushing it to try and get 1/2 groups with that 1 MOA dot in the middle of the Eotech reticle. I don't think a 6 MOA dot would be good for stuff that isn't close quarter combat. Sure - U could hit a target - but the spread would be bigger at 50-100 yards.

I also like the Eotech reticle. I know I can use the bottom edge of the large circle for indoor use at close distances - and I know where the round will hit. I just would like something a little lower (just a tad), and I'm not thrilled with the battery life of the N Battery Eotech.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
"devildoc" Man, I'm liking that Tros mount. I just happen to have a ML2 that recently came my way and I really like how low that sits on the receiver.
DevilDoc, here is what your ML2 will look like...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I really likey. I guess thats on my "gotta get me one" list. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I saw this in an NRA magazine ad recently and reseahced it. If U look around, U can find some good prices. I like the way it looks too. But, I don't like the 6 MOA dot.

I'm pushing it to try and get 1/2 groups with that 1 MOA dot in the middle of the Eotech reticle. I don't think a 6 MOA dot would be good for stuff that isn't close quarter combat. Sure - U could hit a target - but the spread would be bigger at 50-100 yards.

I also like the Eotech reticle. I know I can use the bottom edge of the large circle for indoor use at close distances - and I know where the round will hit. I just would like something a little lower (just a tad), and I'm not thrilled with the battery life of the N Battery Eotech.
I agree - if that's the only option for a dot then they need to modify it. I thought I saw an ad in a magazine though that listed several options, including their trademark triangle. With today's technology there is no reason for all optics not to have multiple choices allowing the user to pick the best one for their "work."

I like Eotechs too, but guns get heavy quickly. The lighter the optic, the happier I'll be. Also, I just had two coworkers with M4's have their Eotechs stop working and they aren't that old. We aren't in afcrapistan so the roughest thing their sights have to deal with are the potholes while the guns are in the cars. Not sure what the cause - both are headed back to the manufacturer for warranty repairs.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Tomahawk said:
I thought I saw an ad in a magazine though that listed several options, including their trademark triangle. With today's technology there is no reason for all optics not to have multiple choices allowing the user to pick the best one for their "work."
Yes - that ad where they had other reticles was referring to the dots/reticles available in their other products. I looked hard at that ad when I saw it - This site ONL:Y had the 6 MOA dot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts