FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get one of the FN red dot sights from? It looks like they are discontinued everywhere. Is there an aftermarket company that produces these now instead of FN. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are you stuck on the FN branded version?
There are better mount options out there from places like Tros and Design Machine for any number of optics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not stuck on it but if it's still available it would be my first choise. Now understandably, if it is no longer available then I will have to move on from it. I've also looked at trijicon red dots but have yet to see a mount with a similar low profile. Options are appreciated as well.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
TROS and Design Machine both make low mounts for several optics including various makes of the RMR style sights. Look them up and you'll be very happy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The base is still available at Midway. The C-more can be had still but not with the FN branding on it.

Ahhhh, thanks for that info. This actually led me to the C-MORE website where I was able to see that they actually make a STS and RTS red dot sights. Now I'll just have to do some research on those sights. I actually started looking at the Design Machines low mount and a Trijicon RMR but now I'm wondering if the C-MORE mount would work with the Trijicon. Thanks again for that lead @Here is no why

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone know where to get one of the FN red dot sights from? It looks like they are discontinued everywhere. Is there an aftermarket company that produces these now instead of FN. Thanks for any help.
I've got two FNH Ring sights I am going to be selling, one older used one and one newer unused one.

·
Registered
125 Posts

View attachment 148677
That is a C-More STS and a C-More STS mount for the FN P90. You can grab the mount from Midway or another vendor and find a C-More STS or a Vortex Razor red dot. Those use the same foot prints. I caution you that many have complained about the windage adjuster nut for the C-More mount to rattle around even fully tightened.

FN had that C-More STS on the PS90 for awhile, along with the HC-14-62 stock white ring sight, MC-10-80, the Tri-Rail, and now almost every new PS90 just comes with the FN USG Rail. The USG Rail gives you a chin weld, especially with an optic like an ACOG, EOTech, or Aimpoint.

The Design Machine mounts offer more options for different optics. Personally, I rather like the Trijicon RMR for that style of red dot as they feel more durable than the Vortex mini red dots but there are other options as well.

The absolute lowest height over bore will be from the Ring Sights MC-10-80 that you can still order new from the manufacturer (Kingsview Optical) straight from the UK thanks to Brexit. Before you balk at the $500+ USD price, if you factor in any kind of aftermarket mount ($100-$140+) plus an optic ($300-$500+) it comes out almost even. I spent 15+ years trying almost every optic and mount combo you can think of for the FN PS90 and was finally able to grab a MC-10-80 from Kingsview and haven't looked back. I went to the range just the other day and was fun to shoot at 100 yd.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
^ I would argue that the PA Cyclops 1X and now the new Gen 2 version are superior to factory RS. Way more field of view. Easier to make adjustments. It does come out about even on the price though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hate the factory white ring sight H C1462. I do agree the adjustment of that and the MC 1080 are a PITA but they are very slim and sleek, and sit very low. Once you zero the sights, leave them be. I've spent 15 years playing with different PS90 optics solutions and came full circle to what I really wanted in the first place back in 2006. I sometimes feel FN dumped the white ring sights on the early PS90s because their military and Government P90 buyers avoided that horrible optic and they had an excess that had to be dumped.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
After having red dots, trijicon ACOG, the ring sights and RMR's.......for fast target acquisition the Trijicon SRO on the Design Machine mount is the best. With a non-SBR PS90 my choice is the TA45 on the TROS mount.

·
Registered
125 Posts
After having red dots, trijicon ACOG, the ring sights and RMR's.......for fast target acquisition the Trijicon SRO on the Design Machine mount is the best. With a non-SBR PS90 my choice is the TA45 on the TROS mount.
Those are nice optics for sure! The SRO is faster than the RMR, but to me it never added much over the MC-10-80 ring sight. To me, even the TA45 at 1.5x seems a bit overkill for the 5.7x28 cartridge. The non-SBR PS90 is more like a 150 yd weapon, maybe 200 yd stretching it out a bit as SS195/SS198 velocity drops quite a bit, but to me I never saw the point of magnified optics on the PS90 other than maybe bench shooting to get better groups.

After 15 years, I found the MC-10-80 to offer the best overall package. It doesn't require batteries, and the etched reticle is more than good enough to place rounds into the right locations even at 100 yd. The new battery powered MC-10-80 just adds the illumination if you want it, but you always have the etched reticle. Plus the MC-10-80 objective sits below your eye level due to the internal prism. No other optic/combo on the PS90/P90 will get you as close to the bore. The worst offender would be the USG Rail with something like an Aimpoint/EOTech/ACOG.

But you can't go wrong with a Design Machine mount with the SRO although I still kind of prefer the RMR for a tad more durability.

Here's a pic of the MC-10-80 with the illumination on. But with it off, it's just a black etched reticle. There is a very fine 1 MOA dot in the center of the smaller donut.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the replies. Initially I was looking for the FNH branded red dot but it seems like that one is a long shot to find now. I know it was the older model C-More STS as well. I picked up a C-More STS2 and a Trijicon RMR to see which one I like more so now I'm just waiting on the bases for them both. I'd still like to find one of those FNH branded red dots though, if anything, just for nostalgia purposes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts