FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, for you reloaders out there, what have you been using for an all around target/plinking load in your FNP45's? Jacketed, plated, or lead? I've been using 5.4gr HP38/W231 under a 185gr HBRN Berry's Plated bullet, and it seems to be working nicely.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I use zero bullets JHP for everything I reaload (handguns anyway)
230g for 45 and 125g for 9mm I use unique powder and winchester primers these give no hiccups in any gun I own.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have loaded most every good hard cast bullet I could get my hands on for years. But I have been using Extreme Bullets now for almost three years in most everything I shoot a lot in handguns and have seen very little leading and buildup. Even in the Glocks. I shoot both the hard cast and the plated bullets in 9mm, 10mm / .40, .44 and .45. I really like this bullet and weighing them on a random basis find them to be very consistent. I use Winchester primers and all of the most popular powders.

http://xtremebullets.com/better.htm

Constantly looling for quality components, :?

·
Registered
41 Posts
So far I've just used factory ammo, but in the morning I'm going to see how my standard handloads for .45acp work: 5.1g Bullseye under a 230g FMJ.

My 1911s eat 4.0g Bullseye under a 230g lead RN, but I have a feeling the recoil spring on the FNP is too stout to cycle these creampuff rounds.

·
Registered
873 Posts
There have been several reports of traditional "light" loadings not working in the FNP-45.

If you want to plink, use a model 1911.

If you want a weapon, use an FNP-45.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yup, I did try my light load of 4.0g Bullseye under a 230g LRN today and had FTF and FTE problems all over the place. :-D I didn't expect it to work but thought I'd try.

My normal load of 5.1g Bullseye under 230g FMJ worked just fine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Many FTF with my LSWC, but good groups. Barrel shows no obvious leading after 50 rounds.

200 gr H&G 68
4.5 gr Bullseye
WLPP

230 Gr WLPP
5.0 TG
Junior lube
BEST GROUPS WITH THIS

First target is my best group. targets are labled with pertinent info...all lead SWC. Second group was 200 grainers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well remember this gun was designed and set up for use with normal velocity 230 gr. ball ammo. Recoil springs won't function properly with reduced loads. This gun is no Colt Gold Cup. The springs in that example were designed for use with lower velocity "TARGET" or MATCH" ammo. This is a "Combat" gun for use with hard ball loads.

:?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts