FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my REM2 in. Pretty decent unit, but the mounting tap wasn't working, and it caused it to sit too high. I contacted M1P90, and he immediately came back with a correction. Tried it, and it now works. The suggestion was to use a thin double sided tape on all four mounting sides of the unit that come in contact with the sight. I used 3M permanent double sided tape. Made sure it was on the sides of the light unit as well. Unit is in there good, and I don't think it will come out by accident...if at all.

Worked very well. Sits low, and wow, does the unit light up.

BTW, for the southpaws out there, the main unit will mount on the right side of the receiver. I recommend the extended height rails if you are mounting anything else on the side with the rheostat.

Great unit, and excellent customer service!

T

Follow up: I got it out to the range today. Dumped a mag pretty hard and fast. Zero movement in the light unit. I am one of the unusual people who liked the white sight. With the REM2, it was even better.

T

·
Vendor
5,617 Posts
:) Thanks for the review.

I did change the instuction manual to illustraite where to put the thin double sided tape or electrical tape. The Key is adding it to the SIDE of the LED housing. This gives it a perfect adhesion.
From now on I will be sending out the REM 2 with a piece of electrical tape on one side of the LED housing instead of double sided tape. THIS ALSO WORKS! :? It acts like a rubber gasket.
This way you don't have to fumble with any double sided tape. (just push the housing into place and your good to go).

I did try putting electrical tape on BOTH sides of the LED housing and this made a super, super, super tight fit. ( I think too tight )

FYI...
To remove the LED housing it is best to use a flat head screwdriver to pry it loose instead of pulling it out via the wire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts