FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

here were a lot of new pistols at SHOW Show this year, but I think most unique design had to be the Remington R51. Breaking from the popular frame designs like Glock and 1911, Remington Arms Company has produced a very streamlined carry pistol that is loosely based on the 1916 Remington Model 51, designed by John Pedersen.
It looks like something that would have been right at home on the set of an early James Bond flick.
But I’m not judging. I didn’t see it fire on the range, but it does have a lot of features that warrant a closer look.

·
Registered
815 Posts
+ 1
I like it a lot.... retro with some sleek lines.
Hoping the bugs ..are minimal; and it has a manageable trigger.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Remington appealing to the gun hipster crowd.

R51 owners: "it's based on the Model 51, designed by John Pedersen; you probably haven't heard of him"

·
Registered
604 Posts
Remington appealing to the gun hipster crowd.

R51 owners: "it's based on the Model 51, designed by John Pedersen; you probably haven't heard of him"
Said while sipping a goat's milk latte with sprinkles from free range nutmeg.

Reactions: adamc and CPTdaz

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I have my LGS put my name on one that they have incoming. Depending on how it feels when it arrives I may be taking it home with me.

Reactions: Gers4Lyfe

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's on my list as well. Beautiful gun. The film clip I saw of the gravity helped one finger rack from the Shot show helped. I have a tiny wife that loves here Tomcat to death, but it would do my heart good to know there's a 9 around she wouldn't struggle with.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
This thread reminds me of when the first Glock and HK (VP70) plastic wonders hit the street.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts