FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never seen one of these until browsing the Bud's website. A pump action 223 rifle? Looks kinda kewl. Not sure how a pump action rifle would feel (I've only tried that action in a shotgun).

Are these set up to be able to mount a scope on it?

Here are the stats:

At last, a light, handy and quick in action duty/patrol rifle using a higher capacity magazine. The Model 7615P Pump rifle, based on the rugged and reliable Model 870 shotgun, delivers first shot accuracy and ultra-fast follow-up shots as the shooter instantly chambers another round from the higher capacity magazine.

The Model 7615P comes in .223 Remington caliber, uses standard M16/AR15 style magazines and has a 16 1/2" barrel. Also, transition from the Model 870 Pump shotgun into this patrol rifle is easily accomplished.

" Available in standard rifle sight or Wilson Combat / XS Sight Company sighting systems.
" Speedfeed Stocks are used on most of the models but we also now include the AR collapsible style stock from Advanced Technologies. Be it Standard or Pistol Grip Stocks, they are available in 13" and 14" Length of Pull (LOP).
" All 7615's are supplied with a "low profile" 10 round magazine.
" The 7615's provided to the 5.11 Challenge performed flawlessly all summer and will be featured again in the 2006 Challenge.
" Rotary Bolt Lock-up Design for exceptional strength, safety and hallmark reliability.
" Parkerized Finish and Rugged, Black Synthetic Stock and Fore-end with sling swivel studs.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I read about it in some mags. The purpose of it is to sell it to LE Depts. that want to get the .223 cart. into the hand of their officers but don't want to train them on an AR. Since most of them carry pump shotguns, it's a natural transition. Beyond LE depts, I don't see much use for it.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of agree. I just thought it was kind of kewl - as I had never seen anything like that before.

I have 2 rifles now with Eotechs - the PS90 and the Storm CX4 9mm. With unmagnified optics - the reasonable max range on either of these is 100 yards. Even though the 223 goes further, I don't see much point in me buying a 3rd tactical type of rifle and putting yet another red dot scope on it.

I'd want to hold one too - to feel the action on it. At 1 point, I was interested in the Marlin 1894 lever action 357 rifle. But, a semi auto rifle is nice because U don't have to move the entire gun and then put it back on target. That is what has always tsopped me from getting a lever gun.

·
Registered
857 Posts
As a civilan you would be much better off with a semi-auto .223 - there are plenty on the market.

I love owning my AR just for It's military history. The AR is the one gun in my stash that impresses my non-gun friends more then even the ps90

·
Registered
115 Posts
The only review I've seen on one had ghost ring sights and a Zeiss Z-point mounted.
I can see having one, same manual of arms as an 870, extremely easy to recover from a bad round, and really, the same rate of fire as any semi-auto.

I also like how it has a low profile look, unlike and EBR. put some Wild Turkey Federation stickers on it and it'd blend right in.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Pima county sheriffs department got these a while ago
they took their m4s away in exchange

from the officers i talked to, it was the exact opposite direction they wanted to head in as far as firepower goes

but i guess its good for liability

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was thinking the same thing: I'd rather have a shotgun that handles like an M4 than a rifle that handles like an 870... talk about a step backwards!

My guess is it's not liability, it's image.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's another option for those that still live in CA. Real ARs are out of the question; fixed magazine models and pistolgripless models are both absolutely horrid. The Robinson M96 without pistolgrip is similarly horrid. Decent mags are hard to find for the Mini-14, plus many people refuse to support Ruger nowadays. There's also the common complaint about the Mini-14's accuracy. Options for a decent, practical, tactical .223 rifle boil down to the Kel-Tec SU-16 and the Remingotn 7615P.

Yes, yes, I know, I can hear you yelling, "MOVE!" but for some that's not a realistic option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts