FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Crap - my Varmint rifle is included in this recall. Rather than play Remington's game here, perhaps it's time to buy the 3 lb Timney I've been thinking about for ages...

Reactions: P-Factor

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the info Pfactor. I've had several friends who've experienced an unexpected discharge who were told there was no problem with the trigger group. Fortunately, none of them was injured but I'd expect that everyone wasn't as lucky.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
CRAP +1 my brand new unfired 300 AAC Tactical is one.
I feel your pain, I just returned my Remington R51 pistol. My 700 heavy barrel .308 also needs to go back to Remington. I have not been able to shoot the 700 but I got the rail and a scope installed so now I'm trained and ready to reinstall them when it comes back from Remington. :lol:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Not really related with Remington, but I have to send my Tavor back for the left hand conversion so I want some help. I went to the UPS store to ship it out, and because I told them I wanted it insured for $2k they asked what was in the box. Upon hearing it was a rifle they said I can't ship it from there and needed to take it to the main UPS hub.

Reactions: cap10 and P-Factor

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not really related with Remington, but I have to send my Tavor back for the left hand conversion so I want some help. I went to the UPS store to ship it out, and because I told them I wanted it insured for $2k they asked what was in the box. Upon hearing it was a rifle they said I can't ship it from there and needed to take it to the main UPS hub.
Yep, this happen to me too. Great heads-up!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Oops. I guess posting on my phone cut off the rest of my question. Are we required to tell them what's in the box, or do you insure it for the full amount and ship from the HQ per their request??

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
WARNING:STOP USING YOUR RIFLE. Any unintended discharge has the potential for causing injury or death. Immediately stop using your rifle until Remington can inspect it to determine if the XMP trigger has excess bonding agent used in the assembly process, which could cause an unintentional discharge and, if so, specialty clean and restore it to a safe operating condition. If you own a rifle subject to this recall, Remington will provide shipping, inspection, specialty cleaning, and return at no cost to you. DO NOT attempt to diagnose or repair your rifle yourself.

Contact RemingtonFor the safety of you and those around you, Remington strongly encourages you to STOP USING YOUR RIFLE immediately and contact Remington for inspection and repair. To participate in this recall, visit the Remington Recall Center at xmprecall.remington.com. Or call Remington on its toll-free XMP-Recall Hotline at 1-800-243-9700 (Prompt #3 then Prompt #1) Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT. You will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number, and the serial number of your rifle.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. When I called Remington about my R51 they mentioned taking it to a UPS hub, they sent me a printed shipping label and a tyvek envelope. Our local UPS shipping hub accepted the sealed package without question. The Remington website indicated my 700 was included in the recall. I got an email telling me I would be sent a label and shipping box. I wonder if UPS will question on the 700, a rifle box is a little more obvious.

·
Registered
641 Posts
WARNING:

STOP USING YOUR RIFLE. Any unintended discharge has the potential for causing injury or death. Immediately stop using your rifle until Remington can inspect it to determine if the XMP trigger has excess bonding agent used in the assembly process, which could cause an unintentional discharge and, if so, specialty clean and restore it to a safe operating condition.
Is that all? My trigger is on the list but it doesn't take me sending it in to Remington to make sure its not gummed up with factory crud. I've removed and cleaned mine several times.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Is that all? My trigger is on the list but it doesn't take me sending it in to Remington to make sure its not gummed up with factory crud. I've removed and cleaned mine several times.
I tend to agree. I will examine mine first. If I do send mine in, when they return it will it have to be transferred through an FFL?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Ha - my boys 300BLK is in the recall - guess I'll just do what I did to my .308 (which) is also in the recall...replace the trigger w/a Timney 510. Recall just confirms what I already knew - X-mark trigger good not so much (sad face)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
That won't raise any eyebrows when you walk into the UPS facility.
It might if i send them in but I will call Remington to see if they will send out new triggers to replace them instead, if not I will buy timney triggers for my boys guns, Remington sent me a 40X replacement trigger for my 5R because it wouldn't adjust below 5 lbs it had to be sent to my ffl and I will change it out myself.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oops. I guess posting on my phone cut off the rest of my question. Are we required to tell them what's in the box, or do you insure it for the full amount and ship from the HQ per their request??

The UPS store should have taken your gun as it is not loaded/dangerous. I have sent a FS2000 for repair through the store. FEDex air and UPS stores do not take live ammo. You have to take ammo to the UPS hub and to the Fed ex hub. This is supposedly about the danger of shipping ammo…the stupid United States Postal Service will not ship ammo, but they will guns and magazines. I think the stores that don't take the ammo, are just a bunch of idiots and it is a major inconvenience…just another backdoor way to make it hard for gun owners.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts