FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states rented the gun and it would not cycle the crappy Remington birdshot they had. I was expecting it to work solely based off the nutfancy review but then again supposedly it was brand-new and I had the gold/bronze universal piston in the one he reviews has the two pistons. Just really bummed out because I want to buy that shotgun really bad just don't know now. Does the gold piston suck or what ? When he reviews it he's using cheap Walmart federal 1 1/8 oz and it eats it up and goes as far to say it's a pump reliable autoloading shotgun so I figured it would work best not. Thoughts ?? Give another try ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does yours have the gold piston ? What would u recommend for shooting at the range

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought one around Thanksgiving. It runs great. Shoots the cheap federal wally world ammo. Mine came with two GOLD pistons. One marked heavy and the light one just plain gold with no markings.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have the other one I think the light and heavy load. I have the light load on the slp now. It eats estate bird shot, herters buckshot, Remington buckshot or magnum buck, Remmington nitro clays, and some fiochi #4. The Winchester like AA 3 dram at 2 3/4 was legit garbage and turned it into a musket loader I had to beat the handle on the table to get it to eject. There are other slp owners that will chime in too. if I remember correctly rio buckshot works too.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Mine runs flawlessly -- anything I out in it. Not sure what to say-- maybe needs to be lubed/broken in. Mine has no issues what so ever- slugs/bird/00 buck. I have the Slp mark1 police 22 version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts