FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

FNP9&FNP9M day at the range. Put another 150 rds thru repaired FNP9 and same thru M model with no problems. That's around 400 rds since repaired and about 500 total for M model with no bobbles and no cracks. Used mostly wwb but shot some +p GD, GS,DPX, & Black Hills. Drank too much coffee this am, wind blowing too hard, etc, or I wasn't shooting so hot today. Best I could do with either of them from 10 yds. Did good to keep em on paper plate at 20 yds. Mostly practiced drawing, moving at 45degree angle away from target while shooting and just drawing and firing DA and twice SA from 7yds. Was happy to hit paper plate doing this. Easy transition from DA to SA. No the FNP9 was not shooting low, I was! :? I still ain't too swift at this camera thing :oops:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Looks like pretty decent shooting to me. That kind of grouping will easily hit center mass on a bad guy. I especially like the paper plate targets. Reminds me of the time we spent training the Iraqi Border patrol in AK marksmanship. We had no targets, so we used leftover donated school supplies (colored paper, glue, and kid scissors) to make a bunch of targets and stapled them to wooden crates. Instant firing range. Arts and Crafts day at its finest.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
500 rds thru repaired FNP9 since fix, all is well. Total 600rds thru FNP9M with no problems. With the 500+/- thru P9 before crack, that's 1600 rds thru the guns with no bobbles. :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Keep us updated, I'm sure a lot of people with FNP's out for service, or experiencing problems, are following this thred with great interest.

Good info. :?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Last? update on repaired FNP9

Know ya'll probably getting bored with this so unless something changes, this will be last up date. As of today(unless I've lost count) repaired FNP9 has around 800 rds thru it since repair. Mostly fmj but good assortment of jhp(100+/-). No bobbles and hammer housing looks fine. Large target is 3 mags from 10yds with first rd DA, rest SA, aimed but fast fire. Paper plate is 1 mag of draw & fire DA, second SA for 8 double taps from 7 yds. That's where this baby really shines. Easiest DA to SA transition I could ask for. Got several 45s that I can shoot better groups with but I think a lot of the difference is shooting 8 rounds at a time vs 16. Don't want to jinx myself by proclaiming this baby "healed" but I'm not going to fret anymore. I've put a total of around 1300 rds thru it counting before housing crack and it hasn't failed to fire yet. Amen! :?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Good to hear it!
I wouldn't have a problem with it! I sent my FNP-9 off last week to get new hammer housing WITHOUT the "NOTCH" so I will have some faith in it! It wasn't broke But I didn't trust it. And Bob Ailes said to send it in and they would replace it. So now I wait. As you recall I had my FNP-40 fixed also and it did break.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts