FN Herstal Firearms banner

Replacement FNX-45 Slide

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  JDM396 
#1 ·
Do any of you good gents know if anyone sells replacement slide assemblies (or just slides) for an FNX-45 (non-tactical version)? I have a new FDE FNX-45, and made the mistake of taking it to a local gun shop to have night sights installed, and the slide got pretty dinged up and badly marred, going beyond cosmetic issues and possibly hindering any future installation/reinstallation of sights. That's what happens when, despite your instructions to have the shop gunsmith work on it, an unqualified shop employee takes it upon himself to bust out the punches and bang away.

Anyways, I'm looking to get the slide repaired and refinished, but also want know if replacement slides are available. Midwestgunworks doesn't have them, and I've yet to call FNH customer service.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
FNX-45 parts are scarce to nil from what I've seen. You can try FN Parts: 800-635-1321. If I were you, I'd have the gun shop that mucked it up take the task of finding you a replacement. That's pretty damn unacceptable.

Reactions: Fnpurist
#4 ·
What these guys said, the LGS "tool" mucked it up and now he/they are on the hook to fix or replace. If they don't want to honor that commitment I personally would have them in small claims court sooner rather than later. That IS totally unacceptable behavior! :th_thumbsdown:

I'd be pissed and make the shop take care of it as akitainu said. I have not seen slides available yet, maybe in a year or two (took a while for FNP 45 slides to emerge)

#3 ·
I'd be pissed and make the shop take care of it as akitainu said. I have not seen slides available yet, maybe in a year or two (took a while for FNP 45 slides to emerge)

#5 ·
I have had a similiar story involving a brand new Hk USP 45 and a local shop. My original plan was to have the gunsmith down the road from the gun shop to have the new sights installed. But the Gunsmith was backed up on orders. So I checked with the gun shop. I asked if they had a gunsmith and the guy says,"Depends, what do you need?" I should have left then but didn't. I told them I needed new sights installed. He replied,"Oh, no problem, so-so can do it." About 15minutes later I received it back, looked good but I did not check both sides. Also, I was in full police uniform and between jobs. So once I got into my car, I checked it out. Looking good until......I check the right side of the slide. The dove tail was battered and there were gouge marks down the slide which appeared to be from a vice.
Make this story shorter, I contacted the owner and he replaced the gun with a brand new one that had to be ordered.

The shop screwed up your gun, demand a replacement!

#6 ·
I've had that happen to me too. If the gun shop screwed it up, the gun shop should make it right, with no leg work on your part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.