FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 20S stopped ejecting today and I opened a ticket with FN but decided to remove the retaining pin myself to see what happened. The retaining pin disintegrated and the ejector spring was at the end opening with the debris from the pin. Does anyone know what size of roll pin the ejector retaining pin needs to be?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
can't help, but i can't imagine it being some special size. maybe fn will answer if you ask?
maybe take it to home deport and see which ones seem right?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry, it’s out of stock at Midwest Gun Works, but you may be able to back order it:

This assumes the same one is used for all SCAR models, which is probably safe.

·
Registered
364 Posts
HDD Tactical has them in stock.for $4.87. Im hoping its the correct one. It states its the same size roll pin used for the front factory sight also

·
Banned
2 Posts
My 20S stopped ejecting today and I opened a ticket with FN but decided to remove the retaining pin myself to see what happened. The retaining pin disintegrated and the ejector spring was at the end opening with the debris from the pin. Does anyone know what size of roll pin the ejector retaining pin needs to be?

Thank you. View attachment 139164 View attachment 139165
Hello, I am new to the site and was wondering if you were able to fix this issue yourself. I had the same problem with my Scar 17 today. It seems the ejector retaining pin broke and my gun is not ejecting the brass just like yours. Did you contact FN or order the retaining pin from HDD? Thanks for any help, I can't believe this broke in less than 300 rounds.

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Hello, I am new to the site and was wondering if you were able to fix this issue yourself. I had the same problem with my Scar 17 today. It seems the ejector retaining pin broke and my gun is not ejecting the brass just like yours. Did you contact FN or order the retaining pin from HDD? Thanks for any help, I can't believe this broke in less than 300 rounds.
Unlikely @220 will reply the OP is 6 months old...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts