FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Five Seven enthusiasts, I purchased my piece early last year and have been thoroughly enjoying it.
When I purchased it there was a small flaw cosmetically with the slide release lever so I purchased a replacement part. I have used Google as well as the forum search function but could not find any links to help me out here. As you know the slide release lever has a very fragile piece internally which can easily be broken. Removing won't be an issue as I can snap it out, however how to install this piece without breaking anything is the key. If anyone has experience on doing this please share with us. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears I have to remove the pins and take out the part 221 to get to the Takedown lever. I'll take a look at home later to see if I have the proper tools to get these pins out. Thank you for the reference image above.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The correct term is stripping lever, and I've never heard of one breaking.
Although in familiar with your term I called it takedown lever based on what the Manuel stated. It's not broken, I think the previous owner used a screw driver to force it so it's chipped on the edge. The piece itself still functions, as stated its cosmetic damage.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
SWAT it's defiantly a "stripping lever" I was also incorrect. This gentleman, JHS knows more than a little about this platform-he will not steer us wrong.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Although in familiar with your term I called it takedown lever based on what the Manuel stated. It's not broken, I think the previous owner used a screw driver to force it so it's chipped on the edge. The piece itself still functions, as stated its cosmetic damage.
PM me an email address and I'll send you the information on how to replace it.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
You're welcome, happy to help. :biggrin:

Reactions: adamclif

·
Registered
1 Posts
JHS, I'm actually looking for proper instructions on replacing the ACTUAL Slide Stop (aka "Slide Release") onto the Slide Latch. Should I start a new thread for that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts