FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full story at:

Republicans Kill Pro 2nd Amendment Bill in South Carolina | Ben Swann Truth In Media

Sen. Lee Bright, who is challenging Sen. Lindsey Graham, sponsored a bill that would restore 2nd Amendment rights to South Carolina citizens. Recently Governor Nikki Haley (R) backed the proposal that would “make it legal for most South Carolinians to carry guns – concealed or in the open – without a permit.”

The bill, Constitutional Carry, stated that the 2nd Amendment is the only permit a citizen needs in order to exercise his right not simply to keep arms but to bear them as well. Unfortunately, the bill failed with a Republican majority in the senate. Only 4 Republicans voted to advance the bill out of the judiciary committee: Lee Bright, Shane Martin, Katrina Shealy, and Tom Corbin.

Sen. Larry Martin (R) was a strong and vocal opponent of the bill. One of his constituents, who asked him to advance the bill, received this response from Martin: “If the 2nd amendment has been as you interpret it, why hasn’t SC law reflected that for the last 140 years? I’m sorry but you are describing an “unlimited” right that has never been the case with the 2nd Amendment. My view of the 2nd Amendment has always been the right to own guns and keep them in our homes, business, and property and not to wear a gun whenever to wherever I pleased.”

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Its time to clean house of the Democraps and Republicans alike and get Constitution supporting politicians in their place, doubtful there is enough intelligent voters to make it happen.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Its time to clean house of the Democraps and Republicans alike and get Constitution supporting politicians in their place, doubtful there is enough intelligent voters to make it happen.
There are about 3-5 U.S. Representatives/Senators' deaths that I'd be disappointed about. All the others, if they were vaporized, I really wouldn't care.

·
Registered
835 Posts
We need to get rid of parties belief because it has been dilluted to a point that at times I cant tell which party they belong to and stick to politicians who makes sense and who support the US constitution - PERIOD!!!!

·
Registered
961 Posts
A Constitutional Convention of the people, for the people and by the people seems like it may be one of the best alternatives to these jokers in office who choose to consistently vote against the will of the people they represent.

Reactions: rslsss

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Andrew Arulanandam, policy director for the National Rifle Association, argues that crime rates are low — Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming — that already allow residents to carry without a permit. "Our viewpoint is, a good person will always be a good person," he said. "They don't need a license to be a good person."
Apparently the Legislators of NC and the other 45 States do not believe that the current criminal statues and sentencing guide lines are adequate enough to protect their constituents, insisting that crimes will be thwarted by adding an extra firearm charge into the mix. Also, the nature of a bureaucracy is to grow, think of all the government jobs and loss of revenue if populace did not need their nannie-ism. Politicians on both sides tend to be elitists who doubt the ability of the average person to act in a responsible manner.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I see only four Republicans being voted back in. Hopefully those other asshats will be replaced with 2A friendly Republicans.

Reactions: 00stormbringer
1 - 9 of 9 Posts