FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone with both an FNP45 and FNP9 or 40 that could take some comparison pictures for size? I'm thinking of buying a 9 to keep my 45 company, but no one around here has them in stock and I'd like to get an idea of how big they are.

Thanks.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The angles make it sort of hard to gauge, though. I'm hoping for some side by sides from straight on.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! That's what I was hoping for.

PS, the backstraps on the 9s and .40s are held on with a screw?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
raggededge said:

They are, but they fit in nicely with the backstrap so you don't feel it at all. Even pulling my thumb over it, I can't feel it.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
djv38 said:
raggededge said:

They are, but they fit in nicely with the backstrap so you don't feel it at all. Even pulling my thumb over it, I can't feel it.
Yes, U do not feel it at all

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
How do the grips feel in comparison to eachother (size wise-does the 45 feel a lot bigger)?

·
Registered
74 Posts
The FNP-45 feels slightly larger, and it's just a different feel due to the highly textured grip, but I have smaller hands and it's not objectionable. The trigger reach is still almost the same, particularly with the flat backstrap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both are great

The .45 is probably not suitable for concealed carry, but I carry with a sidekick shoulder holster, sz 15 no problems at all..

Tha 9mm is a fun weapon to take to the range, very accurate, and with over 2K through mine, I have yet to have any problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Re: Both are great

RyanTMF said:
The .45 is probably not suitable for concealed carry, but I carry with a sidekick shoulder holster, sz 15 no problems at all..

Tha 9mm is a fun weapon to take to the range, very accurate, and with over 2K through mine, I have yet to have any problems whatsoever.
The 45 is big but it depends if your a small guy or a big guy so body type is also a factor. I'm sure that there is somebody out there that is carrying a 45

1 - 14 of 14 Posts