FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MILLER: Gun reregistration law in D.C. goes into effect in 2014 - Washington Times

For the first time in the United States, a citizen who has legally registered a gun will have to submit to a renewal process. The consequences of not knowing about this new law or missing the specific 60-day window are dire.

Starting on Jan. 2, every single D.C. resident who has registered a firearm since 1976 must go to police headquarters to pay a $48 fee and be photographed and fingerprinted. The Metropolitan Police Department estimates there are at least 30,000 registered gun owners.

If the registrant does not go to the police station within three months after a set time frame, the registration is revoked. That citizen is then in possession of an unregistered firearm, which is a felony that carries a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine and a year in jail.

Reactions: FLyon

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Is the PoPo even equipped to handle 500 people a day between their offices/command-centers?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pre-Confiscation program, for sure. It won't be long before the 2nd Amendment (remember "shall not be infringed"?) will be meaningless. Our elected officials and the courts actively work to shred the 2nd. The rest just look the other way. We are doomed.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Is the PoPo even equipped to handle 500 people a day between their offices/command-centers?
no, they couldnt keep up with the registration requirements prior to this.

My question is does law enforcement have to register their private stuff too?

·
Registered
409 Posts
The only reason for a program like this IS confiscation. It is specifically designed to make it as difficult as possible to reregister therefore many will not and they will become felons and their guns subject to confiscation. Very sad and I wonder at what point will the citizens say enough?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
start at the whitehouse ?

I'm sure the gangbangers & illegal aliens get a free pass

·
Registered
409 Posts
start at the whitehouse ?

I'm sure the gangbangers & illegal aliens get a free pass
Always, the difference is that the Democrats fear the armed good citizen not the gangbanger hoodlum, so the effort is always to disarm us under the guise of public safety.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts