FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The barrel is coming off a brand new 17s that I purchased from a member of this forum and maybe has 30 rounds through it. What is the resell value and is it legal to sell on ebay?

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
If it has 30 rounds through it than it is not brand new which effects the value. I cant comment on the legality of selling it on ebay but you would have better luck selling it here in the market place. I've seen them go anywhere from $650 to $850 used. From what I have seen folks generally start at 900 and work their way down if there are no buyers.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Legal to sell it on ebay? yes, but they'll probably pull the ad. There are AR barrels on there, which kind of surprises me. I tried to sell a bolt carrier group there and they pulled it. You're probably better off selling it on gunbroker.

Reactions: mantis

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it has 30 rounds through it than it is not brand new which effects the value. I cant comment on the legality of selling it on ebay but you would have better luck selling it here in the market place. I've seen them go anywhere from $650 to $850 used. From what I have seen folks generally start at 900 and work their way down if there are no buyers.
To clarify; I should have said bought new in box from owner, and then I put 30 through it. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
To clarify; I should have said bought new in box from owner, and then I put 30 through it. Thanks for the advice.
I bought a spare in similar condition for $600 here on this site. Gunbroker is another viable avenue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a spare in similar condition for $600 here on this site. Gunbroker is another viable avenue.
Wish I could snag a 13" factory assembly for that price but I realize it's highly unlikely. I decided to go with gb instead of dealing w/ ebay. After researching some more about ebay, they seem to be fairly anti-gun. So if I don't have to use their services I won't. Anyhow, thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The fees should be less on gunbrokee as well. I just sent my factory barrel to PMM to be SBR'd finally bit the bullet. Took me over a year to do it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts