FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In an email reply to me.

We're always looking for ways to improve upon existing products and explore the boundaries of new ideas, but are not releasing any information on projects that may or may not be in the works. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page and website for news and updates.

Thank you,

LYNETTE FLORES SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE

MAGPUL INDUSTRIES CORP.

·
Registered
419 Posts
That statement is their boilerplate response to any and all inquiries about unreleased products. You can thank the neckbeards over at ar15.com for that.

I believe however they have already stated that they don't believe they can make a SCAR17 mag that would meet their standards due to the thickness of the plastic required. Things change though.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I believe however they have already stated that they don't believe they can make a SCAR17 mag that would meet their standards due to the thickness of the plastic required. Things change though.
That was their previous statement.

I'd like them to make ak74 mags but people in hell want ice water too......

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Why not replace the lower that allows you to run Pmags while retaining all original scar parts?? It's lighter and stronger and you can run $18 Pmags. There's not a downside too it.
I'd swap out the lower for Stryker Enterprise aluminum lower but for FN mags. I already have a bunch of FN mags, no need to buy different mags for the gun. But then the incoming Galil ACE 7.62 NATO uses P Mags. So maybe one 17S with aluminum lower for FN mag and one with aluminum lower for P Mags.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm still waiting for the second generation of modular magwell aluminum lowers with more ambi features like the BHO. That way you'd be able to keep your trigger pack across the platforms.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-16s/24888-magpul-m3-scar-compatible-pmag.html

This topic pretty much covers why Magpul won't do anything. At least my predictions about the magazines except for the hybrid metal/polymer came true. Metal magazines from ASC. Elongated thick polymer magazines from ML. Compromise polymer magazines from Thermold.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts