FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... after a year in development it is finally here! These are pics of the Reticle Enhancement Module 2 (REM 2). I am now taking orders.

The price is $69.00 plus $5.00 shipping.

I take checks, Money Orders or I can do Paypal.
I don't have a web site so

PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]

The Reticle Enhancement Module 2 is to be used as a back up to the White Ring Sight. Try to rely on the Ghost Ring Sight when possible.

The Reticle Enhancement Module 2 (REM 2) fixes the problem that is inherent in the White Ghost Ring Sight. We all know in certain low light conditions the Ring Sight looses its sight picture. When that happens just turn on the REM 2 and you will get a sharp T bar sight picture.

The REM 2 Illuminates the T bar via two Amber colored LEDs that sit in the rear light colletor well. The LED housing is made of a hard plastic that is sized to fit tight. Electrical tape is attached to one side to act as a rubber gasket to help hold it secure. I fired over 200 rounds with it attached to the PS90 and it didn't budge. (Double sided tape could also be used).

It has 11 illumination settings so the T bar can be seen outdoors in daylight (on its brightest setting) or in total darkness (on its lowest setting). The REM 2 fits in the sling well just under the Ring Sight. It is ambidexterous so it can be mounted on the left or right side of the rifle.

The REM 2 uses one CR2032 3 volt battery. The battery life is 106 hours of continuous use.

Since We did not make the Rheostats...
The REM 2 has a 1 YEAR Warranty. I will replace it if it fails due to a manufacturing problem.(I will have to examine it first to make sure there wasn't some other factor that caused the failure). you just pay for the shipping ($5.00). If after 1 year a manufacturing problem should occur... contact me and I will see what I can do for you.

The REM 2 comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are dis-satisfied with it, please send it back to me and I will give you a full refund. (You just pay the shipping)

The electical wire will have a metal wire in it so it can be positioned out of your line of sight.

The product you get will have 2 amber LEDs

Side View

Top view

Standard Ring sight view

REM 2 turned on to setting # 11

Tritium view in total darkness

REM 2 set on #1 in total darkness

Standard Ring Sight view in a low light room aiming at a target.

REM 2 in low light room set on #1 aiming at a target

REM 2 in low light room set on #2 aiming at a target

REM 2 in low light room set on #3 aiming at a target

REM 2 in low light room set on #4 aiming at a target

Standard Ring Sight view in normal room light aiming at a target.

REM 2 in normal room light set on #1 aiming at a target

REM 2 in normal room light set on #2 aiming at a target

REM 2 in normal room light set on #3 aiming at a target

REM 2 in normal room light set on #4 aiming at a target

Standard Ring Sight view of a bright sun lit white background.

REM 2 set on # 11 against a bright sun lit white background.

For indoors going down hallways I like setting the REM 2 on #5 or #6. Not too dim and not too bright.... just right.

You WILL love this unit!

Thanks for your interest,
Chris

·
Vendor
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
REM 2 Instruction Manual

Thank you for purchasing this upgrade to your PS90 Ring Sight. The REM 2 was designed to maximize your shooting pleasure by fixing the deficiencies of the Ring Sight. Over a year of research and development has gone into this final design.

Installation
1) Place side A (Rheostat Housing) on one side of the Sling Well and side B on the other side. Tighten the mounting screws until both sides are secure. Use the Allen wrench that is supplied for this procedure. (DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN to prevent damage to the screw pins on side A.) You can use BLUE thread locker if you like but it is not necessary.
2) CLEAN the light collector well area with Windex or rubbing alcohol to make it free of dust and oil. Look inside the well area to make sure the area is free of excess glue. If you have glue protrusions cut them out with an exacto knife/razor blade.
3) A piece of electrical tape is already attached to ONE side of the LED housings bottom, and side. This acts like a rubber gasket. Press the LED housing into the "Light Collection Well" firmly so it sits deep into the Ring Sight. (It will be a very tight fit)

You can now turn on and use the REM 2.

NOTE:
•Do NOT bend the LED box where the wire goes into the top, it WILL break it because of the stainless steel support wire.
•Do NOT pull the wiring up from the body. That will break it also.
To remove the LED housing... it is best to use a flat head screwdriver to pry it out of the "sling well"

OPTIONAL: The kit includes a small piece of black tape. Some users prefer to cover the top of the glass that is in front of the LED housing with a strip of black tape to eliminate the small light leakage there. If you chose this option, place the tape over that area to cover the area and to cover the LED housing and to help hold down the electrical wire. Or cut the tape to only cover the top of the glass and or part of the LED housing.

NOTE: The REM 2 does not interfere with the Tritium Bar so in total darkness you can still rely on that as a light source if desired.
NOTE: When using the REM 2 in total darkness, with no tactical lights in use, you may notice a slight glow on the front light collector within short distances (less than 10 feet.) This does not interfere with use of the REM 2. I have included a small piece of tape to cover the front light collector for these conditions. The use is optional and most users find it unnecessary. If you choose to use this piece, place the tape on the side of the Ring Sight for easy accessibility.

Battery Replacement
Hold the “numbered part” of the Rheostat so it doesn’t turn. Turn the outside Rheostat battery cover counter clockwise to remove cover. The REM 2 uses one Lithium 3volt CR2032 battery. This package contains ONE spare battery for your convenience.

Warranty
This Product is warranted against original defects in material and/or manufacturing for one year. This warranty is void if the unit has been abused, disassembled, or modified/tampered with in any way from its original configuration.

This warranty does not apply to defects caused by normal wear and tear, improper handling, incorrect installation, accidents, and alterations/modifications to the original configuration, repairs made by unauthorized parties, aftermarket accessories, or abnormal use.

Contact Us
We hope you find the REM 2 to be a great enhancement. We invite your comments. If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact us at 978-852-8584 or [email protected].

·
Vendor
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dated 02/20/2008

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

GREAT NEWS,
I just got off the phone with Brian at Monolith Arms and he said he is finishing up 60 REM 2s and will ship them to me Wednesday Feb. 27th. That means I will have them by Friday the 29th. I will be able to fill all back-orders! I have all the boxes ready and addressed and will ship them the very next day after I receive the REM 2s.

Thank you all for being so patient while we created and produced this NEW product. It will be well worth the wait. :eek:

Thanks,

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
All these pics makes me want to buy another PS90 with the White Reticle Ring Sight just so I can have your REM2 one it :D

·
Banned
151 Posts
REM2

Well I hope it was a good thing I e-mailed you this morning to get my name on the list. Hope I will get one on this shipment cause I can"t wait. Thanks

·
Vendor
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vulcan15..... you made it on the next shipment list. I'm just waiting for your check. Thanks

easy610.... I got your Paypal and you made the next shipment list too.

out of the 60 units I'm going to receive, 57 are spoken for. All back-orders and new resent orders up to todays date 2/22/2008 will be filled.

Brian is going to start on the next batch of 50 as soon as he finishes this batch. 2-3 weeks manufacturing time.

·
Vendor
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thorbrandr, I have 3 available for this Sat. March 1st shipping. Send me your Name and Address so I can tag one for you. I do accept Paypal. :?

·
Registered
569 Posts
If this had been out when I got mine - I would not have bought my Eotech.
+1. VERY nicely done!... :?
Tomac

·
Vendor
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As of todays date 2/29/2008 the 60 units I'm going to ship out starting March 1st are ALL spoken for.
Any new orders will be filled with the next batch of 50 which I expect to receive in 3 to 4 weeks.

FYI... Monolith Arms is scheduled to build 200 REM 2s... 50 at a time. Their business is booming and are now backlogged with all their other manufacturing and are not taking ANY MORE orders or work untill thay get caught up. :? Congrats to Brian and all the others at Monolith Arms! :shock:

·
Vendor
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PM me your name so I can check. If you have already place an order with me I do believe you are good! :cool: If you have not placed an order you will be on the next batch that is due in 3-4 weeks.

·
Vendor
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:? Got you covered gygee!

To all...
I didn't receive the 60 units Sat. :oops: I guess the snow and bad weather had delayed them a day or two. They are on there way to me and I will get them in the mail to you as soon as I get the units. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
REM2

Are you shipping them USPS or UPS? I have moved since I placed my order but I still own the other property and I have been checking the mail.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts