FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Vendor
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last edited 01/22/2008. Shipping starts within 1 week. Yeah!

Well... after a year in development it is finally here! These are pics of the Reticle Enhancement Module 2 (REM 2). I am now taking orders.

The price is $69.00 plus $5.00 shipping.

I take checks, Money Orders or I can do Paypal.
I don't have a web site so

PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]

The Reticle Enhancement Module 2 is to be used as a back up to the White Ring Sight. Try to rely on the Ghost Ring Sight when possible.

The Reticle Enhancement Module 2 (REM 2) fixes the problem that is inherent in the White Ghost Ring Sight. We all know in certain low light conditions the Ring Sight looses its sight picture. When that happens just turn on the REM 2 and you will get a sharp T bar sight picture.

The REM 2 Illuminates the T bar via two Amber colored LEDs that sit in the rear light colletor well. The LED housing is made of a hard plastic that is sized to fit tight. Double sided tape is attached to help hold it secure. I fired over 200 rounds with it attached to the PS90 and it didn't budge.

It has 11 illumination settings so the T bar can be seen outdoors in daylight (on its brightest setting) or in total darkness (on its lowest setting). The REM 2 fits in the sling well just under the Ring Sight. It is ambidexterous so it can be mounted on the left or right side of the rifle.

The REM 2 uses one CR2032 3 volt battery. The battery life is 106 hours of continuous use.

Since We did not make the Rheostats...
The REM 2 has a 1 YEAR Warranty. I will replace it if it fails due to a manufacturing problem.(I will have to examine it first to make sure there wasn't some other factor that caused the failure). you just pay for the shipping ($5.00). If after 1 year a manufacturing problem should occur... contact me and I will see what I can do for you.

The REM 2 comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are dis-satisfied with it, please send it back to me and I will give you a full refund. (You just pay the shipping)

The electical wire will have a metal wire in it so it can be positioned out of your line of sight.

The product you get will have 2 amber LEDs

Side View

Top view

Standard Ring sight view

REM 2 turned on to setting # 11

REM 2 set on #1 in very dark room

Standard Ring Sight view in a low light room aiming at a target.

REM 2 in low light room set on #4 aiming at a target

Standard Ring Sight view in normal room light aiming at a target.

REM 2 in normal room light set on #3 aiming at a target

REM 2 in normal room light set on #4 aiming at a target

REM 2 in normal room light set on #5 aiming at a target

Standard Ring Sight view of a bright sun lit white background.

REM 2 set on # 11 against a bright sun lit white background.

For indoors going down hallways I like setting the REM 2 on #5 or #6. Not too dim and not too bright.... just right.

You WILL love this unit!

Thanks for your interest,
Chris

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing this - if it works well enough, I might be able to buy a Sig 556 or something similar next year, and use my existing Eotech - and then put the stock sight back on. We'll see.

I wouldn't take the Eotech off until I need it. But, I am very curious to see it hooked to my ringsite!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looks very cool!

How bout a shot showing where the light tube attaches to the window?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Piped right into the tritium area. That's absolutely perfect.
very cool
and I see your dial goes to 11! that's one better than those dials that only go to 10. :D

·
Vendor
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These pics came from Monolitharms. I will have the Prototype in my hands by the end of this week. I will post more pics then, including more T bar pics (under different brightness settings).
I will take it to the range over the weekend and put it through the live fire test. I'll post results in the product review section.

Brain at Monolitharms says this thing is truely awsome. He has done a fantastic job in producing this! I can't wait to try it out myself!

oh... The LED is Amber. Brian says that when it is on the 1 setting it is just a bit brighter then the Trinium. Thus it works great in total darkness. On its 11 setting (11 is better then 10) :D you can see it in daylight. This will help out when aiming at bright backgrounds.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
There was pics of the old version REM with the LED floating around - but I am anxious to see what the new one looks like :shock:

·
Vendor
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have asked Brian to send me some more pics including the illuminated T-Bar on different light settings. I will post them as soon as I get them. :shock:

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do I pre-order? I want one. Put my name down and PM Paypal info or something.

:idea:

Jason

ETA: 'er sorry - PM sent!

·
Registered
13 Posts
REM 2 SIGHT

Can we have more pictures of the sight reticle with this device attached. Will the Wire/Tubing interfere with the sight picture?. Keep up the good work because this sight need all the help it can get from the after market.

Thanks Mike

·
Vendor
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The REM 2 Illuminates the T bar via an Amber colored LED that sits in the rear light colletor well.(it has a hard rubber housing for a tight sturdy fit) It has 11 illumination settings so the T bar can be seen outdoors in daylight (on its brightest setting) or in total darkness (on its lowest setting). The REM 2 fits in the sling well just under the Ring Sight. It is ambidexterous so it can be mounted on the left or right side of the rifle.

The electical wire will have a metal wire in it so it can be held out of your line of sight.

I edited the first post to include the above. I will have more pics when I get the Prototype. :D

Hang in folks... we are almost there. :eek:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.