FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since a lot of us have either replaced the factory Ring Sight(White) with the USSS or a top rail. We have a spare sight just sitting around.
Since I have some spare parts, I decided to try and reuse my RingSight on a different Gun.

Parts Used:
Factory FN Ring Sight
UTG base taken off of a broken UTG Reflex Sight
Plastic tube
Puddy/Clay
Automotive Silicon Sealer
REM

Here is the Ring Sight attached to the base.
The plastic tube I had was an EXACT fit to make the Ring Sight sit parallel to the base so there was no deviation in elivation of the reticle(just a straight line when sighted in with a laser).
I had to use Automotive Silicon Sealer because it was the only thing strong enought to handle both the recoil and heat.
Next I fulled the plastic tube with puddy/clay to help strengthen it.

Here is the New Ring Sight next to a BSA red dot for scale.

And not the REM installed incase I want to use the sight in lighting where the White Reticle can't be seen.

Here is a picture of the REM activated (pic by m1p90). I tried to take a picture myself but my camera wouldn't focus in on the reticle.

I have spare plastic tubes if anyone wants to give it a try. Just PM me or you can find them in any LCD TV Wall Mounting kit.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Ya know - I kinda might wanna due this to put on my Buckmark pistol. Damn dude.

But, I would have to use a special Buckmark base rail.

So, U glued/sealed it to the rail?

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I glue/sealed it to the base not the rail. Thats about the extent of my abilities :lol:
I have rail clamps that I will use to secure it to the rail.
I will take another pic of it on a gun tomarrow when I can get a good picture taken with daylight.

Shipwreck: Let me know if you want me to save a plastic tube for you.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For those that want to know where I got the base from, it was taken off a UTG Open Reflex Sight($16.99).
I decided to use this base because the sight fell apart and off the base after 30 rounds of 5.56x45mm/.223.
But it makes a great base for the factory Ring Sight.

·
Vendor
5,808 Posts
Very Nice setup! How do you adjust for windage and elevation?

I'm sure a lot of people will be wanting this for their project gun. :)

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Windage:
One of those Laser Levels you can get from Sears or Lowes.
So as long as the rail you are going to put it on is level, it will be directly above the barrel.

Elivation:

Same Laser Level used to hang pictures :lol:
But it is parallel to the barrel so all I have to do is remember that POI is going to be 2" below the reticle dot/center of post.

·
Registered
857 Posts
just curious, if you disliked the sight enough to take it off the ps90
why go through all the trouble to put it on another gun especailly when the $30 bsa red dot you show is a much better sight

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have me confused with someone else.
I never said I "disliked" the factory sight.
I did say that I like the USSS sight better though, which is what I replaced this sight with.
If the USSS sight was never offered, I would have stuck with the original sight because I like the design of it.
The main problem with the white reticle ring sight is in certain lighting you can not see the reticle but the REM fixes that.

The main reason I made this sight setup is because I got bored :lol:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
It is an LED that is attached to the top of the original ring site - it puts light down into the light collector and makes the original ring sight easier to see.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep.
And the last pic is what the reticle will look like when the REM is activated.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I almost bought one of those prior to buying my PS90 - but just went ahead and decided to replace the stock sight instead.

·
Vendor
5,808 Posts
I'm still trying to find a manufacturer for the REM 2. I've got the new design and the funds but just need someone to build it. :cry:

If anyone knows someone that can build a small LED type light please let me know! :D

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Try one of the sponsors like Critical Dimensions LLC. They seem to be coming out with some neat new products. They might have the labor needed to help you.

·
Vendor
5,808 Posts
Thanks,
I've got Monolith Arms looking at it to see if they can help me. I should hear back from them this week if they can or can't. If they can't I'll try Critical Dimensions LLC.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, Its not an FN product but here is the gun I ended up putting the sight onto. Its mounted onto a Kel-tec Sub 2000. Additional windage/elevation changes can be made by adjusting the top rail itself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts