FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot CCI Blazer because it generall is cheaper - if you buy it from Academy Sports (a large sporting good chain in Texas and in in a couple of other states).

I went and bought some more 9mm yesterday - they raised the price again to $9.99!!!

Until Jan 1, 2006, the damn stuff was $3.86 per box. It has essentially tripled in price since then. DAMN!

·
Registered
120 Posts
.308 surplus was $25 a battlepack, now it's over $100 if you can find it.

The factors that go into ammo cost are all up. High demand with the war in Iraq. Low supply of quality surplus ammo with the UN paying third world countries to destroy their surplus instead of selling it. The cost of raw materials is way up. With Americans buying cheap crap from China it has created a demand for infrastructure in that country, causing the price of copper to quadruple. With the price of oil at record high, it costs more to ship that heavy ammo.
It ain't gonna get any better.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Abiqua14 said:
.308 surplus was $25 a battlepack, now it's over $100 if you can find it.
Yea, I was contemplating getting an FN Bolt Action gun last fall - then someone told me what 308 ammo costs. Its even higher now.

No thanks. The Five Seven ammo is the most expensive stuff I want to be shooting....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts