FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought of SeaMac when I read this...

Complaints on Sundowner spurred debate

PARKERSBURG - Representatives of the Fort Boreman Rifle Club told Wood County commissioners they are concerned proposed gun range regulations the commission is considering might affect their range.

The commissioners have issued a 30-day cease-and-desist order for the Sundowner Gun Range after continuing safety concerns from neighbors relating to bullets on their residential and commercial properties which they contended were fired from the Gihon Road gun range. The commissioners asked Prosecutor Jason Wharton to research gun range regulations in other areas. Copies of those regulations were submitted to the commission on Monday.
The owner of the Sundowner Gun Range has maintained his range is safe.

Article Photos

J.R. Hill, left, a member of the board of directors, and Jim Careb, secretary-treasurer of the Fort Boreman Rifle Club, met with Wood County commissioners Monday with concerns over the legislation the commission is considering for gun ranges. (Photo by Pamela Brust)
The commissioners have said they hope to assemble proposed legislation before the 30-day period expires. The commissioners said public meetings will be held on any proposed ordinances.

J.R. Hill, a member of the board of directors, and Jim Careb, secretary-treasurer of the Fort Boreman Rifle Club, told commissioners Monday they are concerned action taken by the commission might affect their club as well.
"There are a number of other gun ranges in the county and I don't think we should be trying to spot zone just to address the complaints filed against the Sundowner," Commissioner Blair Couch said.

Read more: Rifle club wary of gun range proposal - NewsandSentinel.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Parkersburg News and Sentinel

·
Registered
24 Posts
The club that I belong to has numerous "incidents" one included a complete shell and bullet "claimed" to be fired from the range. We have large baffles between telephone poles to keep rounds on range into a 60 ft berm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts