FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind/brand scope will you put on a 20 inch 308 Semi Auto hat is tested at .25 to .5 MOA by experts. Something arround 1200-1500 would be ideal.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have heard a lot of good things about the Leupold VX-II scopes. They cost about half of what you posted was your limit. What range do you plan to shoot? The VX-II comes in an assortment of zooms and you can choose 40 or 50mm. When I get around to getting a M14, this is probably the scope I will use. I don't have a range near me that is longer than 300 yards, and I doubt I would try to take a deer at a longer range than that, so I don't need a 1400 dollar 1000 yard scope. Not many people do.

There is the Leupold Mark 4 that is a little higher than your budget. But DAMN what a scope.

My FAL has an IOR 6x30 Valada scope with a Dragunov reticle. It works well on that rifle but I have only shot it out to 200 yards. So I can't say if it would be good at longer ranges.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
US Optics SN-3, 3.2-17x 44mm. It's $1500 +.

Be carefull though, because once you buy one, your hooked and you'll want more!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long range

Well I plan on using this scope for 600+ yard shooting. I will primarily use it on M82A and a POF-308-20 Inch Special purpose rifle.

POF is rated at .25-.5 MOA so i want to do rifle the justice and get something that it deserves.

We have a range here that is being expanded to 1000 yards from 600 yards. Cant wait to get the 50 cal out there.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can recommend Shepherd Optics.
For a range finding reticle and quick target acqusition it doesn't get any better. Also priced at about half what you mentioned, why pay more?
I have a few Shepherds, on everything from a Ruger 10/22 to a M1A and a 30-06 bolt gun. Love'em.

http://www.shepherdscopes.com/

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I wish we had a long range like that.

That scope the Doc suggested is a real honey by the looks of it. $2500.00 all dressed up.

http://www.mdtactical.com/usoptics/sn3-17x.htm

Now he has me wanting one and I don't have a rifle to put it on yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts