FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CHICAGO TYPEWRITER said:
How much $?
The standard flat top A4 lists for $1100 The A2 is $45 more.

The A4 varmint model is the most expensive at $1350.

I've wanted a good, reliable .308 for some time. I have a Century CETME C3, but I really have no faith in it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
At those prices your not too far off from a Springfield Armory M1A standard or a DSA FAL. Just remember .308 is in short supply right now. It will get pricey if you plan to shoot allot.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm...

Last I checked FALs were more than a year wait, and Springfield M1As are very over priced for what you get, IMHO. Not that I don't like the M1A, I shot a season of competition with one a few years back.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, the talk around here has been that RRA has seen several delays in the production of there AR in the 308 cal. First they were delayed be Armalite, who sued them for name right's infringement. That's why RRA changed it from the LAR-10 to the LAR-8... They have had some supply problems with regard to barrels for this gun as well...

·
Registered
212 Posts
BlitzPig - I just checked the auctions at gunbroker, there are a few DSA recievers as well as built guns at the moment...

Maybe the year wait is for a new order direct from DSA? I know that if you get just a reciever there are several builders that can fix you up in a short amount of time...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts