FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided I'd like to get one of these for home defense. Does anybody else have one that they've been using? I really need some guidance for the Form 1 process, and possibly answer a couple of dumb questions I have about this.

I have a Trust that I will use for this. Is this something I can file myself, or will I need to go through an FFL to file the Form 1? Also, I understand that I cannot have this kit in the same physical location as the pistol that I'm waiting for approval, but is it allowable to purchase it and store it at a friends home until the paperwork is returned?

This might sound dumb but I plan on purchasing a new firearm just to host this kit, do I need to wait to file the Form 1 until I purchase the host firearm or can I file the paperwork now just to initiate the process? (I think I"m confused about the serial number aspect. I know that I need to put the serial # on the form, but since I'm technically "creating" an SBR do I just put 00001 as the serial number or do I put the serial number that is already on the firearm?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Make sure your friend does not have a glock that will fit it for one and on SBRing, Your SBRing the firearm not the kit so you need the ser. # from the firearm and only that firearm will be allowed to use in that kit.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Wouldn't you need to use the serial # from your Glock? Also would you then have to get your Glock engraved?

I'm interested to see how well these work. I've had my eye on them for a while.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
serial number on firearm will be used and yes it will have to be engraved to atf specs. on a side note sig also makes a kit similar to this you may want to check out. You also could sbr form 1 a kriss vector pistol (that's what I am going to do)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts