FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I previously wondered if I needed that round collector bag or not. The times I had fired a PS90 in the past had been kneeling or on a sandbag rest. This past week, I fired standing up w/o a jacket on for the first time. And, now I see what will happen to your shirt when U do that (the casings dirty it up a bit when they fall).

But, I really don't care for the looks of that little bag, and the price is kinda ridiculous too. I doubt I'll buy one. Just won't wear a good shirt to the range :p

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh, go on and get one :) In the great scheme of FN accessories $30 isn't so much. You are right, it isn't that sexy, but the brass catcher is handy. I probably wouldn't have it on if showing off the rifle. If I was just plinking I'd put it on; no dirt on the empties and no repeated bending over for this old fart.

I can't speak from experience, but from what I've read you don't want to shoot a PS90 without a brass catcher with your best clothes on. The same can be said for shooting a semi-automatic weapon with a suppressor; backpressure from the suppressor can send powder and bullet shavings back at you.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I am surprised someone hasn't designed a plastic "shell delfector" yet. Would be cheap and a great seller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts