FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Henry Graham - that would be 'the' guy when it was SWR ;)
Henry Graham - SWR - Rugged
Mike Pappas - SWR - DeadAir
Gary Hughes - SWR - Former National Sales Mgr SilencerCO
2015 the year of the suppressor and oh, I am sure most 1yr non-compete agreement's are up

Jason Schauble (2d Force / MARSOC) - VP Remington Defense - Tracking Point - now CRO SilencerCO

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh YES - 2015 Year of the suppressor - YO! Silencer Shop - take note - and stock these when they roll of the line:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Huntertown arms says they are going to come out with a guardian 45 sometime. I am tempted to wait and see what it's like before dropping the money on an octane like I want. So far the octane is the only can I have in writing from the manufacture that it's ok to shoot.338 spectre subsonic threw. I was going to buy aliberty mystic for such but when theX came out the price went up way to much. Should have grabbed a regular mystic from silencer shop when they had them so cheap. I like the idea of the mystic for 300 blk and 338 spectre super and subsonic because it is so light weight but not sure I like it$740 worth which is why I want to settle for a45 can that can at least handle them in subsonic

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Henry Graham - that would be 'the' guy when it was SWR ;)
Henry Graham - SWR - Rugged
Mike Pappas - SWR - DeadAir
Gary Hughes - SWR - Former National Sales Mgr SilencerCO
2015 the year of the suppressor and oh, I am sure most 1yr non-compete agreement's are up

Jason Schauble (2d Force / MARSOC) - VP Remington Defense - Tracking Point - now CRO SilencerCO
Is Pappas going to have a hand in 2 suppressor companies now?

Reactions: bayonet14

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think its that as much as a VERY strategic move that I feel Jason Schauble is behind - to make for a very competitive market.
This is just how I am reading the tea leaves

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I don't think its that as much as a VERY strategic move that I feel Jason Schauble is behind - to make for a very competitive market.
This is just how I am reading the tea leaves
:huhqi4: You think Schauble pushed them out to create a more competitive market?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
:huhqi4: You think Schauble pushed them out to create a more competitive market?

No - I think (looking at it from a long game) we are just at if not at the peak of suppressor technology and design or BIG industry is running out of ideas (AAC, really - a re-hash of the Maxim design - off-concentric so you don't have to run suppressor height sights? really?)) (I can tell you if you look back at Silencer Talk and look at what Kevin B said what you should and should not have in a suppressor say 4/5years ago from his posts) he has gone back on about 1/2 of what he said - now with Sig shorter suppressors designed to be run wet - the longer Ks - he would have laughed at you again 3/5 years ago and while he was w/AAC and you ran Form1 designs by him with ides like that - cast baffles :eek:mgiy7:

Did Schauble push those guys out no - I would venture - stoke the fire for them to strike out on their own (or like Mike and Henry to keep creaive design fresh - 100% in their control - ant shoved or kicked around by some mindless board of directors and share-holders) to design and produce suppressors the way Mike and Henry want to (again once no compete agreements were up) start out small - build a following/base - land the ever so lucrative DOD/Govt/Leo contracts to be pulled in or bought out (and better prepared for such a thing if and when they decide to and not hung out to dry/fired like Kevin was) - again this is all just my wild guess - but looks like the AAC / Remington play ripped from the play book to me.

SO either Jason Schauble is really smart (he will be a silent hand to steer things) -or- he makes a mess of it and moves on. Bottom line - the big money is in the IDIQ contracts - move some things around now / build competition / see what shakes out and spur SilencerCo design into overdrive to keep up w/what OSS/Griffin/SF/Dead Air/Rugged are pushing out - and NOT do what Sig is doing by seeing how far they can push ATF (Sig MPX C)

The other big OR question - SilencerCo has something awesome that they will drop on us at SHOT

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
No doubt that competition breeds innovation but no business wants to loose market share. Speaking personally for this post not as Silencer Shop. I don't think that 5 years ago anyone could have predicted the future of the silencer industry. Mike and Henry have a strong following outside of SilencerCo and will be competition for SilencerCo that will draw away market share. I'm sure that are not happy about that.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No doubt that competition breeds innovation but no business wants to loose market share. Speaking personally for this post not as Silencer Shop. I don't think that 5 years ago anyone could have predicted the future of the silencer industry. Mike and Henry have a strong following outside of SilencerCo and will be competition for SilencerCo that will draw away market share. I'm sure that are not happy about that.
Yea its crazy - But I do really want to see how it shakes out this year for ALL these folks - but I will say it again - AAC needs to step up their game

1 - 14 of 14 Posts