FN Herstal Firearms banner
61 - 80 of 240 Posts

· Registered
1,412 Posts
:-o:-o:-o

Reactions: Lateralus821

· Registered
11 Posts
Bullpups, like it or not, are still somewhat niche products despite having a fervent fan base (myself included, I own 2 of them and have been considering a 3rd). It may be possible that they are planning another .223 bullpup product some time in the near future. The F2000/FS2000 platform has its issues even to those biased towards it. There are several places, including ergonomics, construction design and internal action, where it could be reasonably easily changed to great benefit. I don't like the idea of them halting production of the FS2000 line but hope it will lead to better things down the road. I am hoping they are not simply doubling down on the SCAR platform at the cost of others.

-Russ

· Registered
632 Posts
I am hoping they are not simply doubling down on the SCAR platform at the cost of others.

-Russ
That is probably the exact thing they are doing. They did say production halted and not discontinued and many firearms come and go all the time e.g. HK mark23. Also, even though the 2K is in service with some militaries it doesn't have that connection to our military the SCAR line has. It would be cool to know how many 2Ks they sell a year versus how many SCAR 17s. The 2K is near perfect and the "issues" it has are probably not enough to refresh it but if they do I am really intrigued as to what it would be. FN FX2000 :)

· Premium Member
25,115 Posts
Yes, that was the initial position, but we hit a speed bump and are awaiting a final answer. Until that comes, no sales of either the ejection chute (rail) or the stock (traditionally referred to as the receiver) will happen.

-SS

61 - 80 of 240 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.