FN Herstal Firearms banner

Rumor bait - no more FS2000s?

64K views 239 replies 77 participants last post by  Painted Man 
#1 ·
I've heard through other channels that FNH is not manufacturing or importing FS2000s to the US and allocating all of its efforts to the SCAR. Does anybody know if this is true? I'm not sure that I'm going to buy a second one, but I'd like to get a few parts and pieces (Tri-rail), so if FNH isn't making any more for now.....Just curious to see if anybody knew anything.

This post has been deleted
#130 ·
So sorry guys, I am unsure of what is the best info on this we know..
I see the FS2000 available in FN's 2013 Catalog, 5 versions in all. So do we know if it is or is not in the product line for the US for now? Thanks in advance for any info.

#140 ·
Darn good thing I got my FS2000. :?

I mean being discontinued and all. :eek:

Oops, did I just do that??? :lol:

#145 ·
the reason why the FS2000 was discontinued?
Probably because it was a terrible seller? If they were super popular and they couldn't keep up with the demand I'm sure they would still be manufactured. Why would a MFG quit making something if it was selling well? My LGS had one for 3+ years (Black, priced at $2k) before it sold after the NT panic/rush. Even now that they are discontinued you still can't get rid of these things.

I don't think I would pick up a FN-15 personally. What would it have over Colt or LMT for around $300 less? Maybe if it used a different bolt system like KAC's E3 or something similar that was super innovative and moved the platform forward I would be interested. I guess we will just have to wait and see...

#148 ·
I would have said this was true until I stopped in at a LGS on Saturday. He had (3) brand new FS2Ks on the wall, (2) black, (1) ODG. I told him that I thought they had either discontinued them or ceased production for a while. He said he got them direct from FNH and depending on how they sell, plans to get more.

So I don't know what to think now. Is FNH just clearing out old stock?

#152 ·
I have yet to hear otherwise on the FS2000 being offered in the future for the U.S. commercial market.

F2000, yes (for LE Agency purchase). Lead time? Well, that is another story if the weapons aren't in country.

F2000 available to foreign markets, yes.

FS2000 available to foreign markets, yes.

-SS

#161 ·
A couple on GB recently. One about 3 weeks ago NIB with serial number in the low 3000s was listed with no reserve, starting bid of $1,800, and expired with no takers. I didn't have a spare $1,800 lying around or I would have taken it so my black Gen 1 would have had an older OD sibling. Sigh, the things you see when you haven't got your checkbook...

#181 ·
Okay Mr. Funny guy :wink:. What I meant was that they are still easy to find if you look. There is about 3 on the forum for sale section and 10+ on Gunbroker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.