FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know none of you here are big fans of the Russins. I love the classic's with wood and steel. For those of you who apperciate classics I submit to you my latest safe queen. As far as I can tell an unaltered Russian SKS. It has passed though many countries. It has had the bajesus stamped out of it. Far as I can tell it has been in Russia, Poland (maybe), East German and Hungery. This is my third sks. I have a Chicom oval 974 and an "M" sporter. I luck upon this for $190.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I always thought the SKS was a very good looking rifle. Of course yours needs the bayonet removed, a folding stock and a banana clip. Get with it man :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have a Chicom carbine and a Yugo. I would love to have a Russian... I'll give you 200 for it. (sly grin)

·
Vendor
5,704 Posts
You should have russian letters and numbers on the receiver. I had 2 russian SKS's with lamenated stocks with SS bolt and carrier. They were beautiful! Too bad the value of SKS's don't go up very much. :(

have fun with yours! :?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must be mistaken. Good Russians are topping 400 to 500 right now. I couldn't believe my luck on this.

On another note......I ordered an FNP-9m December 14th. I've been waiting since then.....finally told today the distributor can't get any and don't know when can.....So I got my money back and proceeded to go get this.....PA-63.......No P-9m but it is un-issued. Not a scratch on it. Paid 159 otd. :D Ahh there is that gun fix....at least for a month! :p

Gander Mtn. has a P-9 compact but sadly with the price they want I tell they want to keep in the store. :(

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I had a Russian SKS, got rid of it because the sights were all rusted and wouldn't hit a target further than 10 yards.
I still have my Norinco SKS that I'm happy with.

·
Registered
268 Posts
$190? You lucky son.......congrats! I too love the classics. Modern firearms have their place, but the oldies have an undeniable charm.

I love my Norinco SKS, especially since it was free, but it does slightly remind me of classics like the G-43 and SVT-40. Beautiful find there, on all levels.

·
Registered
636 Posts
The russian Is my all time fav SKS I bought this a little while back for 270.00 shipped :D

I shot it at 100yds bottom pic......great shooter!

·
Registered
636 Posts
The first one I ever bought was back in 1996 for 149.00 it was Mint .... but i sold it for 150 3 years later I am still mad at my self!!! :-?

·
Vendor
5,704 Posts
Yeah. I bought both of mine for $125.00 way back when and sold them for $289.00 each a few years ago. Had to make way for the HK and CETME in the safe. I still think it was a good move.

·
Registered
636 Posts
yep you can get one of them for 150-175 And a 1000 rds of Golden tiger for 170.00;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts