FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wade Spees/StaffExpect to see more signs like this one at Charleston County Library's main branch on Calhoun Street showing up at bars and restaurants if the governor signs the legislation allowing people with concealed weapons permits to bring their guns inside. The law prohibits people from consuming alcohol in those circumstances.

COLUMBIA - South Carolina's House of Representatives easily passed a bill Thursday that allows those with concealed weapons permits to carry their guns into restaurants and bars that serve alcohol.

The 90-18 vote comes amid some backlash in Charleston, as many owners and managers are finding out about the new law. Under the law, those carrying guns cannot consume alcohol, and restaurants may post a sign that says those carrying are not welcome.

More: S.C. House approves guns in bars bill – The Post and Courier

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm not fully awake just yet so I'm probably not reading this properly. But this new law will allow concealed holders to bring their weapons into bars/restaurants that serve alcohol, but they're still not legally permitted to consume alcohol? While I do believe that mixing firearms and alcohol is a huge mess waiting to happen, I"m not opposed to someone with a firearm entering an establishment as long as they're not consuming alcohol.

I can count many times I've been in Pensacola and gone into a bar for something to drink just because it was the closest place in walking distance. No beer/liquor but that nasty tap water sure was refreshing.

Reactions: aquaticpig

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Problem is everywhere but fast food places serve alcohol. Thus limiting where you can carry, this is a great law. Sure hope governor Haley signs it. Also s.c. has strict requirements for what the sign has to look like and how many and where they are placed on the building to meet code if the owner does not want guns allowed in their place. The one pictured above does not seem to fit the requirements just looking at the picture. Most of the time people do not make them big enough to meet code. IF the sign does not meet code you can walk on in legally if you want to. I just choose not to go in any place that has any sign asking me to disarm myself out of principal.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I just choose not to go in any place that has any sign asking me to disarm myself out of principal.
Me neither. Buffalo Wild Wings can kiss my rear end. Their food isn't that good anyways, they're just the only place that hosts UFC fights that I can tolerate.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Bdubs us all about their sauce the quality of the chicken is meh

But as for carrying at a restaurant that serves liquor I think it should be allowed. But a bar or club I'm leaning towards straight no even if can't consume liquor if carrying. I could be wrong just don't trust that

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pensacola tap water is yummy compared to abilene, tx tap water.

I think in a bar/club, I don't really think I'd be comfortable with anyone but the staff carrying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts