FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have S&W 9VE pistol in 9mm? What do you think/know about them? Good/bad/otherwise or also ran?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Personally - I would avoid them. Their reliability has gotten much better from the days they first were released - but the trigger is so heavy - It isn't a good gun to have fun with at the range and see how well you can shoot.

Most sigma owners end up getting rid of the gun after they find out that there isn't a whole lot you can do to change the trigger pull - And, in all fairness, if they bought the gun that way, they should have known better.

At Handgun Forum, there are some happy Sigma owners. And, I suppose for a truck gun or a gun that you only occasionally use and you want a cheap gun - they might be ok.

For the same amt of money or close to it, I'd recommend a Stoeger Cougar - it is basically the same as a Beretta Cougar, but Beretta transferred the equipment to make the gun to a subsidiary.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
If you wanted a Sigma, you should have bougth it 3 days ago.

S&W was giving away 2 free Sigma mags for a purchase of a new Sigma by May 6th.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been trying to wrangle a Beretta 92 however prices are very high here. In the paper they are selling VE9‘s at $279 with 2 high cap mags. So I was just curious why they were so cheap. The price is alluring! I’ll probably just keep on the hunt for the 92.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The Sigma psitol is not a bad gun I've owned one the 40ve never had an issue with it all. The have a trigger spring kit that helps with the trigger pull and they also have a guide rod both are made from Wolf gunsprings. I will say this it is more of an entry level gun ( I'm a first time shooter). Go to the range and shoot one if you like good if not then put it this way your not stuck with it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I tend to stay awy from Smith Auto pistols, they just don't do it for me.

I would get a Glock over a S&W anyday.

·
Registered
490 Posts
jasestrong said:
I tend to stay awy from Smith Auto pistols, they just don't do it for me.

I would get a Glock over a S&W anyday.
Glockis much more reliable but not everybody can afford a glock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts