FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered one of these as my summer ccw, cuz it's smaller than my .45. I haven't shot one as of yet, but I like the way it feels and draws. So I'm wondering if anyone has had any range experience with one yet??

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It took me a few magazines to get used to but now it's my EDC and I actually enjoy running drills with it. I am still not as fast or as accurate as on a full size but practice, practice, practice right? I haven't experienced any failures after 500+ rounds. The trigger is actually better than my stock m&p9.

Congrats!:?

Reactions: builtbyob

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I love mine. I've put a couple thousand rounds through it so far, and it just works. I'd recommend getting some Talon Grips for it though.

Reactions: builtbyob

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got mine tonite....looking forward to hitting the range with it this weekend. It is such a comfortable feeling gun, carries well....hope it shoots just as well!

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love mine. I've put a couple thousand rounds through it so far, and it just works. I'd recommend getting some Talon Grips for it though.
I argee it seems a little slippery,if your gonna carry IWB spend a little more on a holster.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Already have an alien gear tuck 2.0, and a Fobus IWB should be here by the end of the week

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have 1, really hated the trigger but im getting used to it. I love the triggers on my Sigs, and although I should not compare the two I was. Really comfortable little pistol without being too small. I use a Comp-tac iwb holster and I must say it is very comfortable.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm really used to long trigger pulls, my Kahr is like that. I will take a longer trigger pull to get rid of the safety....just one more thing to slow down my response when seconds count!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I have 1, really hated the trigger but im getting used to it. I love the triggers on my Sigs, and although I should not compare the two I was. Really comfortable little pistol without being too small. I use a Comp-tac iwb holster and I must say it is very comfortable.
Drop in the Apex Duty Trigger - you will like it more

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I got one last year and love it. It came with one 7 round magazine and one 8 round mag, I got a good deal and bought three extra 8 round magazines from ebay. I use a N82 Pro holster for it and EDC all the time now.

I installed an Apex Duty/Carry kit and really like. The takeup is smooth, wall is crisp and over travel much better than before. Mine had a trigger weight of 6-7 pounds and now it pulls around 5+ pounds but the reset is short and very predictable.

Its also a fun range gun and serves as a backup firearm to my 357 Magnum Ruger GP100 for home defense.

I ordered a set of TFO tritium/fiber optic sights for it. Should come in a few days so I look forward to installing it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am picking up one of these Shields w/ safety in 9mm on Friday. I have already purchased a Rawdog Tactical IWB holster, Talon grips, a engraved slide cover and some Tru Glo sights. I plan to pick up a N82 Pro holster for it when I pick up the gun. This will be one of my main summer EDCs. I hope I like it as much as I hear everyone else raving about them. They have to be one of the most highly reviewed small autos I run across online. We will see :)

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
I'm finally taking mine for a test drive tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Love mine...Good Shooter, Easy Carry....I've run about 500+ rounds through it with out a single FTF or FTE!

·
Registered
10 Posts
EDC rotation for the summer months. It amazingly accurate, dependable and easy to carry. Talon Grips was a must for my smooth hands..lol Shot over 850rds from very cheap to expensive ammo with no hiccups. Also found the trigger to be better than some of the other M&P's I've shot. Extra mags are expensive.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I have the full size M&P in 40 and 9. The 9 trigger is worse than the 40. It's all gritty. 10.5lb MA trigger doesn't help.

I have installed the Apex trigger kit in mine, and they are awesome!!! Smooth, crisp, and light. Best striker fire trigger you'll get. I recommend them, you should try one.

Still like hammer guns, triggers are always better, IMO.

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
I shot mine for the first time today. I'll have to work with it some more. I think my problem was I shot a few full sized pistols before I got around to the Shield. I had a hard time getting a good hold on it...it seemed to get swallowed up in my mitts. That probably makes no sense, but it's the best explanation I have. I did do better with the extended 8 round mags.

I will say that it ran without a hitch...Federal 124gr HST HP and Winchester 124gr NATO FMJ. Nary a hiccup.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will say that it ran without a hitch...Federal 124gr HST HP and Winchester 124gr NATO FMJ. Nary a hiccup.
Make sure you stay above 100gr....I couldn't get the slide to lock back on an empty mag with them. Changed to 115gr and no problems since.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a hard time getting a good hold on it...it seemed to get swallowed up in my mitts.
Have you thought about adding some Talon grips? They are less than $20 and I read they can give you some more palm swell, etc to get a better grip. I ordered a set and they will be here tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Have you thought about adding some Talon grips? They are less than $20 and I read they can give you some more palm swell, etc to get a better grip. I ordered a set and they will be here tomorrow.
I actually have them on there. I think it's mostly just that I need more time to get used to the pistol.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts