FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot 100 rounds with my Five-seveN yesterday and sent off its slide to Tooltech this morning to have tritium sights installed. It was a bit emotional for me because the slide will be out for 7-8 weeks while they do the work. In the meanwhile, I'm going to practice firing with the lonely lower half of the gun since trigger control is my biggest issue with accuracy right now.

FiveseveN.jpg

I miss you already, slide. Have a safe trip and come back soon:cry:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
awesome. Good for you for sending out the slide. Will be anxious to see how it looks and what you think once it comes back. I love my FsN too!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you going to practice trigger presses with the hammer already down? I'm not sure if it's safe to snap the trigger with out the slide in place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you going to practice trigger presses with the hammer already down? I'm not sure if it's safe to snap the trigger with out the slide in place.
I was planning to cock the hammer and shoot the lower with an empty magazine in it. You think that may cause bad wear for it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was planning to cock the hammer and shoot the lower with an empty magazine in it. You think that may cause bad wear for it?
I mean the hammer usually stops by running into the firing pin and slide. Without the slide on there, you could wind up hitting something your not supposed to, peening metal or breaking polymer. I wouldn't drip the hammer on a AR lower or 1911 frame with out gently releasing the spring pressure. It may be ok, but I would do a little research first. Maybe one of the experts here can give you the final answer.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
the expert around here gave the final answer just below your post:) Let it be said and let it be done!

I mean the hammer usually stops by running into the firing pin and slide. Without the slide on there, you could wind up hitting something your not supposed to, peening metal or breaking polymer. I wouldn't drip the hammer on a AR lower or 1911 frame with out gently releasing the spring pressure. It may be ok, but I would do a little research first. Maybe one of the experts here can give you the final answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So they're shipping it back today which makes their turnaround time less than 3 weeks if you factor in transit. That's much better than the 7-8 weeks I was told, but I'd rather they overestimate and surprise me than disappoint me. I'll post pictures when it comes in on Monday!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts