FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in my tactical empire safety selectors for my 17s and I can not for the life of me get the screws out of the stock safety selectors. They well not budge a hair. Is there a trick to getting them out?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
a small flat head screwdriver should do the trick? Also, the little screw only has threads on the top half, the bottom half is a pin so you might be able to use a small punch through the bottom to force it out if you can't get it out with a screwdriver?

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
The screws on my 16 were pretty tight. I used a small screwdriver and pliers to turn the driver. The screws on the 17 came right out.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Reactions: Kev

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
So is there or isn't there loctite that needs heating?
NO loctite, the screws are just threaded into the plastic selector switches, they can be a b!tch but like the others have said a quality small screw driver and they will back out.

·
Registered
506 Posts
With absolutely zero disrespect meant, remember.... Lefty loosey, righty tighty. Wouldn't be the first time I've forgotten!

As others mentioned, they may require a slight tap to get them out.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I guess I'm repeating others, but if your using those tiny driver that come with cellphone repair kits, don't. Buy a decent driver with multiple bits a the local hardware store(like $20 max) or buy a real nice one online(never stupid to buy a high quality tool). Works much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Like my dad always said: "If it won't go, you're not using a big enough hammer":-D

·
Registered
96 Posts
When I replaced my factory trigger on my 17S with a Giessele trigger the hardest part was getting these two small
screws out of the safety lever! They are in really tight and you need a very precise hollow ground screw driver to get
them out without buggering up the heads. One of mine was slightly buggered from the factory!

I have a set of Bownells gunsmith screwdrivers and nothing in the set fit properly. I finally gave up and took an old
small screwdriver and reground the blade for an exact match.

Crazy -- but true!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts