FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick head's up if anyone uses Freedom Ammo as bulk target ammo. I've used them for years with good luck but there appears to be a bad "batch" of 223 reman in the Oct / Nov timeframe that is blowing primers and creating some problems. I've had 8-10 bad primers / box of 50 - primers end up getting down into the lower, into the breach, etc. Just bad ju-ju.

If you contact them, they will replace/refund and have been professional in their response; just not particularly proactive of informed as to whether this was a one-off situation or an ongoing issue. At any rate, just wanted to give anyone who uses them a heads up so they don't end up trying to diagnose a gun (as I've been doing) when what they have is an ammo problem.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted to post a quick follow-on on how Freedom handled the issue. They acknowledged the issue, requested the lot number and then immediately issued a UPS pick-up option for the rounds remaining - including the loose rounds where I'd loaded them into various clips and thrown out the boxes. All no questions asked - option for full refund or replace or credit. I swapped the order out with new 9MM (something I've never had any trouble with) and they also "made it right" in terms of the exchange rates. At any rate, felt it was right to share the problem but also important to note how the manufacturer handled the situation which was as well as they could have. Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts