FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today to my surprise I found out my Saker 762 with 51t module does NOT fit the AAC Breakout 2.0 because the breakout is slightly longer than the 51t blackout flash hider. Has anyone else experienced this and more importantly is there a remedy from Silencerco?

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Interested to hear input on this as I have a Saker 7.62 getting paroled soon and just assumed it would work fine with the 51T module on my Breakout 2.0 equipped SCAR 17.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
there is a revision to the maad 51t Mount does yours have a full collet with threads on it or a half collet where the threds are part of the mounting assembly

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got off the phone with Silencerco and they said the maad 51T does NOT work with Breakout 2.0 because it's slightly longer. They did say that an ASR maad mount is available for the Saker 762.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Just got off the phone with Silencerco and they said the maad 51T does NOT work with Breakout 2.0 because it's slightly longer. They did say that an ASR maad mount is available for the Saker 762.

So the solution is to change the muzzle device.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Thanks for the info mmb. You'd think that SilencerCo would specify this point on their website, since the damn MAAD 51T is a $240 part, on sale?!? Hope this info helps others in the same boat. Looks like my Saker won't be used on my 17 after all. ::FF::

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I'm perplexed. Would this be different with the Saker 556 and Brakeout 2.0 51T?

I'm pretty sure mine locks up as tight as a drum but now you all have me second guessing.

I've put some rounds through it as well.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Ok, definitely not happy about this one.

First it was AAC saying the Brakeout 2.0 would work on the 17s and then they determined that only the Blackout FH was suitable.

Now Silencerco has a mount that doesn't work with the 2.0 and they don't make any note of it.

I wish Silencer Shop had mentioned this lack of compatibility when I purchased the Saker 556 from them. Had I known this was an issue I would have got the Saker with the Trifecta mount option. Now I have a $240 Maad mount that is useless to me.

I'm getting really tired of d***ing around with muzzle devices.

Microphone Audio equipment Auto part

You can can see the marks where the Brakeout 2.0 contacts the baffle.

Bearing Auto part Ball bearing Rotor Hardware accessory

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Ok, definitely not happy about this one.

First it was AAC saying the Brakeout 2.0 would work on the 17s and then they determined that only the Blackout FH was suitable.

Now Silencerco has a mount that doesn't work with the 2.0 and they don't make any note of it.

I wish Silencer Shop had mentioned this lack of compatibility when I purchased the Saker 556 from them. Had I known this was an issue I would have got the Saker with the Trifecta mount option. Now I have a $240 Maad mount that is useless to me.

I'm getting really tired of d***ing around with muzzle devices.

View attachment 67433

You can can see the marks where the Brakeout 2.0 contacts the baffle.

View attachment 67441
Call silencerco up. I bet they will swap your 51t for a Asr or Trifecta maad mount. They swapped my trifecta for asr when I couldn't get the Trifecta to work properly

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I just got off the phone with Silencerco and they had something interesting to say. I told them I had ran a few rounds through the Saker 556 with the Brakeout 2.0 combo. I mentioned that I was concerned that I may have had some baffle damage due to the 2.0's length & compatibility issues.

The guy on the phone was very nice and said that this was the first he had heard of it. He put me on hold so he could talk to somebody and verify.

He came back and acknowledged all said issues with the 2.0 contained in this thread. In an interesting turn of events I got a response that I did not expect.

He said, "keep doing what you're doing". If you have a problem and we know it's not working give us a call back; then we will get you taken care of".

I am not upset by the response, honestly I really don't know what to think about it.

I guess the the take away is this:

We know the 2.0 doesn't lock up completely because it's too long. Keep shooting it anyway and if you blow up your can, then you can give us a call??

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I just got off the phone with Silencerco and they had something interesting to say. I told them I had ran a few rounds through the Saker 556 with the Brakeout 2.0 combo. I mentioned that I was concerned that I may have had some baffle damage due to the 2.0's length & compatibility issues.

The guy on the phone was very nice and said that this was the first he had heard of it. He put me on hold so he could talk to somebody and verify.

He came back and acknowledged all said issues with the 2.0 contained in this thread. In an interesting turn of events I got a response that I did not expect.

He said, "keep doing what you're doing". If you have a problem and we know it's not working give us a call back; then we will get you taken care of".

I am not upset by the response, honestly I really don't know what to think about it.

I guess the the take away is this:

We know the 2.0 doesn't lock up completely because it's too long. Keep shooting it anyway and if you blow up your can, then you can give us a call??

Best post of the year---- for me anyways-- running this set up too. Love pro 2a top tier customer service!!!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
You could have a machinist take off a bit of the end of the muzzle device to get proper lockup and not worry about it kissing your blast baffle ... then you can stay w/that muzzle device
Good thought but AAC mounts are ferritic nitrocarburize treated(melonited/nitride and whatever other fancy name they've concocted) so the wear capability of the engagement teeth and blast surface area is increased for durability. It's a thin "skin" so I'm not sure how that would affect the wear capability of the flash hiding tines of the comp?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Good thought but AAC mounts are ferritic nitrocarburize treated(melonited/nitride and whatever other fancy name they've concocted) so the wear capability of the engagement teeth and blast surface area is increased for durability. It's a thin "skin" so I'm not sure how that would affect the wear capability of the flash hiding tines of the comp?
True - but its a muzzle device... I said it once / said it a couple times if folks thought getting into the NFA/suppressor game was cheap - the next highest cost of ownership will be what you dole out for muzzle devices

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Believe it or not this is actually the first time that we have heard of it. That is why I went and checked on it. I emailed all the sales staff as soon as I saw that it didn’t work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts