FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
12,218 Posts
The 7.62 models front caps are the Flash Hider, Muzzle Brake, and Stand Off. The 5.56 has the same options along with a flat cap.

So basically, the only difference is the size of the hole in the cap and that the 7.62 does not have a flat cap as an option but it appears to me that the silencer does come with the front flat cap like my 5.56 Saker did.

How effective they are is beyond me as I have settled for the flat cap and am happy with it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 7.62 models front caps are the Flash Hider, Muzzle Brake, and Stand Off. The 5.56 has the same options along with a flat cap.

So basically, the only difference is the size of the hole in the cap and that the 7.62 does not have a flat cap as an option but it appears to me that the silencer does come with the front flat cap like my 5.56 Saker did.

How effective they are is beyond me as I have settled for the flat cap and am happy with it.
Thanks for the reply.

I was looking for the differences between the end caps themselves, not between the 5.56 and 7.62 sizes.

I other words, is one any better or what does one do versus the other?

·
Administrator
12,218 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I was looking for the differences between the end caps themselves, not between the 5.56 and 7.62 sizes.

I other words, is one any better or what does one do versus the other?
I have not tried the different ones but like Bayonet14 indicated, they would cause great harm if shoved into someone's face. Send a PM to Jeremy at Silencer Shop and ask him if there are videos showing the difference between them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts